Quantcast

King of the Lake - Race #2 - July 12-13

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Just a reminder that race #2 in the King of the Lake Series is coming up in a couple of weeks...July 12th-13th. The Time Trail for this race will be on the BURN course at Dark Mtn with registration taking place in the Dark Mtn field. Slalom and Super D will be on the same courses as last time.

http://www.bmcc.us/id94.htm

The race report from the first race should hopefully be posted this week. Sorry for the delay.

Also we won't be serving pizza both day (that was rough last time). Instead we'll have subs on Saturday and pizza on Sunday.:clapping:

You can check out pics from the first race at www.kinetic-images.com.

Hope you can join us!!:cheers:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Thanks for the info Manimal. I'm E-mailing my boss to request off work right now. And I should be alright riding my Slalom bike for the Super-D right? And do you get any kind of discount if you race all 3 events?
slalom bike will work well on the super d course. sorry no discount for running all three. see ya in a couple of weeks:cheers:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
does anyone remember about what time the superD ended last time...awards and all? i've got to be in asheville sunday night to check in for training and a co-worker is picking me up at the race. i just need a rough time to tell him to be there and i can't recall what time we finished last race.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
does anyone remember about what time the superD ended last time...awards and all? i've got to be in asheville sunday night to check in for training and a co-worker is picking me up at the race. i just need a rough time to tell him to be there and i can't recall what time we finished last race.
i'm thinking it was at least by 3pm because i was out of there by 4pm and that was after doing a little xc ride.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
does anyone have a Hayes 8" post mount adapter?!!!!

i just installed a new fork and realized that it has friggin post mount. i'm running a 6" rotor for now but if anyone has an adapter and is coming to the race i'd love to buy it off of you.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
does anyone have a Hayes 8" post mount adapter?!!!!

i just installed a new fork and realized that it has friggin post mount. i'm running a 6" rotor for now but if anyone has an adapter and is coming to the race i'd love to buy it off of you.
What Fork is it? I have so many Disc brake mounts laying around. If I have one you can have it for free. I should be there Sunday to take pictures.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
it's a '07 66. Marz had the bright idea to switch to post mount :rolleyes:
i'm not so worried about not having it for the DS and super d as much as i know i'll need it for my week in asheville starting monday. :D

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
it's a '07 66. Marz had the bright idea to switch to post mount :rolleyes:
i'm not so worried about not having it for the DS and super d as much as i know i'll need it for my week in asheville starting monday. :D
Well I did just look at all the ones in my tool box and everyone of them is not a Post Mount. I do have one my bike though and will let you use it for the Race on Sunday if you can't find one by then. I will need it back, so it really doesn't help with the Asheville riding. Sorry.

I can call all my shops around here tomarrow and ask around if anyone has one for sale if you want me too?

You can try:
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/14307-115_HAYMT5-3-Parts-158-Brakes/Disc/Hayes-Disc-Brake-Adapter-8-Inch-Post-Mount-Forks-offer?utm_source=Googlebase&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=FTP&offer=IN080GLB.htm&zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=30&zmap=115%20HAYMT5

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Seriously, who is going up from G-ville? I need to carpool with someone or I don't think I'll be able to afford the trip.
Dave, Joe, and I are heading up early Sunday from G'Ville for the Super D. They are racing and I am not due to having to take it easy for a while still. I will be taking the bike to ride a little and then take pictures of the race. I don't see why we can't make room.

Feel free to call me today,
Cecil
W 864-289-4173 8:30 to 5:30

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Matt A. if I plug Reservoir Rd, Wilkesboro into my GPS, should that get me there? I can't remember how long it took from Greenville SC but Map Quest says almost 3 Hours. Is that right? I thought it was more like 2:15?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Matt A. if I plug Reservoir Rd, Wilkesboro into my GPS, should that get me there? I can't remember how long it took from Greenville SC but Map Quest says almost 3 Hours. Is that right? I thought it was more like 2:15?
So we will see you guys Tuesday? :plthumbsdown:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i'll have my partner w/ me and he wants to ride (novice at best) so we'll probably be spending some time at the pump track but i'd like to make it out to herndon's track in brevard if i have time.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I have some seriously fun stuff from this weekend's race... manimal devoting his second run @ the SD to a photo op!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
lol! :rofl: i look like some kind of monkey.....the pic is freaking me out :rofl:

fun weekend but friggin hot!

who's down for a winter series to include an icycle like event...maybe a night DS too :thumb:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
lol! :rofl: i look like some kind of monkey.....the pic is freaking me out :rofl:

fun weekend but friggin hot!

who's down for a winter series to include an icycle like event...maybe a night DS too :thumb:
:rofl: :rofl: Dude that picture is way awesome! I've laughed at it several times. :D

Yeah, after this weekends muggy hotness, i would be down for a winter event.