Quantcast

King of The Rock- Windrock Omnium

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
medrace flyer.jpg

On Saturday September 7th, we will be starting a new event at Windrock that will serve as an introduction for many new riders and even some veterans to the endless possibilities at Windrock. It will begin with a multi stage enduro, with an undisclosed course (but I can say that it will incorporate the current Windrock XC Trails). Followed by an old school on the grass flat turn style dual slalom race, on a course that will allow riders of ALL skill levels to ride and enjoy. The biggest challenge on the course will be to finish a run without a huge grin on your face. Racing will continue on this into the evening. Sunday the 8th, we will be a DH race from the top of the mountain, with practice limited to one day.
Now heres the catch, als will be awarded in classes for individual events, but no prizes.
Prizes will be awarded to the riders with the highest points for all races per class (trust me there will be some wicked prizes!)

The classes are as follows-
Pro/open
Am
Masters
Jr.
One Bike Wonder (uses one bike for all events and will recieve the best prizes and be crowned as the king of windrock)

Camping, sponsors/prizes, preregistration info, and other details to follow.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Lets try and spread the word to the non DH crowd as well, since every course will be all mountain bike ridable and not just the typical DH Gnar-bar. There will be a legit flyer coming out on the same level as the previous one, and I will be getting shirts made, with proofs available once pre-registration is up and you can pre-order to make sure you get your size.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Alex,

Given how many buckets of Bojangles chicken and bottles of sh!tty bourbon I've consumed over the last 42 years, can I qualify for the Masters cat? I will lose to Clealan anyway.

Last edited:

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
In the one bike class, can any changes be made between races? Mainly changing to some heavy duty wheels for DH?

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
I was felling weird about the 50+ anyways, i like the 40+ much better.
Tires and wheels can be swapped out, anything else will not be allowed. It starts to detract from the do it all-ness of the category.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Something to keep in mind, all pre-registered riders will be receiving customized number plates with their names on them.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
camping is included in the entry fee for sat night, only at the new site, so basic camping with porta johns, you would need to go up to the main campground for showers and indoor plumbing.

Feb 17, 2010
A, A
Can everyone get sprayed with Pabst?
BYOVB - Bring Your Own Victory Beer - If you bring it we will spray ya with it, PBR shouldn't be wasted in such great quantities. The ratio though is a little odd, for every 1 beer that you get sprayed with, I will drink 2 said PBR's....

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Online registration will be closing on 8/16 on bikereg.com. Please remember that all pre-registered will be getting custom event number plates with their names on them, and that event t-shirts will not be for sale day-of. Also, since we will be trying to accomplish a lot in a short period of time, registration will not stay open once we start shuttling riders up the hill to start the enduro, so please pre-register to make sure we get everyone signed up and dont leave anyone out.

https://www.bikereg.com/NET/19533/King-of-the-Rock--Windrock-Omnium-Oliver-Springs-TN

rex diablo

Chimp
Jan 25, 2013
This sounds awesome, but I'm playing a gig in Raleigh that weekend. Its a big 3 day thing though, so if I can get our time slot on the first day, I'm down! If I pre-reg and can't get out ya'll mailing out shirts? And prizes for DFL, because if I'm there that **** is locked up!

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
yeah man, i could mail it to you, or if you have any buddies from your area heading this way they could grab it.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
Awesome man! I cant overstate the importance of getting pre-registered in order to make things go smoother on race day!