Quantcast

Kingdom Trails Building Down-Hill Bike Park on Burke Mountain

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
http://www.pitchengine.com/free-release.php?id=76071

Kingdom Trails Building Down-Hill Bike Park on Burke Mountain 07.20.2010 – For Immediate Release
July 16, 2010
East Burke, VT

Kingdom Trails Building Down-Hill Bike Park on Burke Mountain

Burke Mountain received ACT 250 permitting to construct lift-service mountain bike trails. Work is set to begin very soon, with the construction of a down-hill mountain bike park on the lower slopes of Burke Mountain. Kingdom Trail Association (KTA), a not-for-profit recreation organization, will build, maintain and manage the trail system and Burke Mountain Operating Company will operate the chairlift. Built in the late fall of 2005, the Sherburne Express High Speed Quad will be fitted with bike racks, giving the many mountain bikers that flock to the Kingdom Trails each summer, a new way to reach the top of the trail.

Kingdom Trails, voted the BEST TRAIL NETWORK in North America by Bike Magazine, will utilize the collaboration and expertise of Burke Mountain and IdeRide to develop several trails from the top of the chairlift. These trails will also add to the pre-existing trails already maintained by KTA. The park plans will feature fast, flowing trails with elements of varying difficulty. An anticipated opening is set for September 2010.

"To be able to add this to our system is a very exciting opportunity. The fact that we can now provide professionally built and maintained lift accessed trails on Burke Mountain will be such an attractive feature for our riders. The side of mountain biking that is more gravity assisted is growing, and introducing this to our popularity will keep us in the forefront of mountain biking in not only Vermont, but throughout the country," says CJ Scott, Trails Manager at Kingdom Trails.

The addition of the new trail system also excites many small businesses in town; Lilias Ide, co-owner of IdeRide Mountain Bike Camps & Shuttles agrees with CJ, “We're excited about Burke running their high speed quad for biking-it will make the new and existing trails on the mountain accessible for fun and flowy runs all day long!” John Worth, of East Burke Sports, states “These trails are the type of opportunity KTA doesn’t currently offer and will appeal to a larger audience”.

“The operation of lift served Mountain Biking is a perfect way for Burke Mountain to expand its offerings and allow our customers four season recreation at the resort” said Tim McGuire General Manager of the Resort. “The trail network in Burke operated by Kingdom Trails Association is known throughout the country as a premier destination for biking. Burke Mountain Resort is excited to partner with Kingdom Trails to expand the already nationally renowned offerings. The new lift served trail system is one of the first of the many improvements that Burke has been planning for some time, we will continue to improve our ski and off season amenities and see this project as a precursor of additional improvements to come.”

Kingdom Trail Association provides recreation and education opportunities for local residents and visitors while working to conserve natural resources and create economic stimulation. KTA has permission of 50 landowners and businesses that make the 100 mile four season non-motorized trail system possible.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
please keep us (me) posted with developments...I'd be out there in a heartbeat if I thought I could ride both KT and Burke Mountain in a weekend

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
You already can. They've had shuttled dh trails for years. And this lift only goes half way up. You would even have to climb up to do J-Bar (the new map shows a new climbing trail up to J-Bar). I bet the lift accessed trails won't be too extreme. Probably much like they already have (single diamond) just lift served. If the ticket prices are cheap ($10) then I certainly would buy one to session J-Bar (one of my favorite trails).

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
I rode J Bar for the first time last weekend and it was amazing. Probably the most fun trail I have ever ridden. I challenge anybody to ride that trail with out smiling the whole way down.:thumb:

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
“Knightslayer” opens- Lift Access on Burke Mountain

Start:
September 18, 2010 11:00 am
11 AM to 6 PM- Sherburne lift will be taking riders up to expereince our latest trail “Knightslayer, designed by Knight Ide and Kyle Ebbett,
Special of the day= $25 gets you lift access, KT day pass & Burke Music Fest entry. Deal of the century!!