Quantcast

Kingdom Trails. Lyndon, VT

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
If you want to read until you get a headache, go to https://forums.mtbr.com/vermont-new-hampshire-maine/
What a gong show. Who is DaveVt?

:popcorn: :popcorn:
hey JBP , the article says a David Packie is the one requesting an investigation into the Act250 , is that **** ?
DaveVT is Dave Packie. One of the original builder at Stowe, Waterbury and now Northfield.
Totally not getting what is happening on mtbr.com - Dave Packie is apparently canceling threads but - they are all on internet archives. Can go back as far as a mtbr.co thread about 130mm stems and DaveVT posting in it to slander a house in Hyde Park. He even asked if I was reading Dr. Seuss and taking Acid, then suggested other books to read if I find the time. Kind of curious now about this Acid thing though - feel like I should go hang out at a Tower Records.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
If KT gets fully "shut down" then it just becomes a series of pirate trail that stems off some common equestrian paths. The land owners that dont like it will drop trees across their trails and the ones that like it arent going to say anything.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Totally not getting what is happening on mtbr.com - Dave Packie is apparently canceling threads but - they are all on internet archives. Can go back as far as a mtbr.co thread about 130mm stems and DaveVT posting in it to slander a house in Hyde Park. He even asked if I was reading Dr. Seuss and taking Acid, then suggested other books to read if I find the time. Kind of curious now about this Acid thing though - feel like I should go hang out at a Tower Records.
It has certainly been some interesting reading...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
It has certainly been some interesting reading...
Like watching dysfunctional neighbors fight.
Have not read the latest but had to check email during an afternoon ride today and, the anti-establishment crusader has decided to update this manifesto-d' poo-poo caca. Am actually somewhat frightened, given what dis-associative traits have been put on display there. Last 'big reveal' was having had 'friends' in elected office in Montpelier and - this is someone from New Jersey... at best this diatribe is yet-to-be-identified Gerrymandering since rouge and retaining tactic for personal-politic.

I think I'm gonna barf.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well this is all a bit disheartening. Sad to see what was once a great trail system mired in this controversy.

Was thinking of heading up to VT with my bro sometime this summer for a long weekend of riding too. Where should I target @johnbryanpeters that has enough stuff for 3 or so full days?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Did they at all say why?
One guy had a 20yo misdemeanor.
They held us all for an hour, tore apart our trucks and gruffly told us all to get out. I grew up on CA border and had never experienced anything like that before.

That ended a 10year tradition of us hitting bromont as a group.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I once got detained for 2 hours hiking from Glacier NP into Waterton Park just to take the ferry back into the US. Got screamed at an was only asked questions about my finances. Had a difficult to aquire permit, ferry tickets that showed exactly what my plans were. Was a rather strange experience.

My numerous trips crossing into Windsor were delightfully friendly. I think the lesson here is that there are some Canadians who are assholes.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
I once got detained for 2 hours hiking from Glacier NP into Waterton Park just to take the ferry back into the US. Got screamed at an was only asked questions about my finances. Had a difficult to aquire permit, ferry tickets that showed exactly what my plans were. Was a rather strange experience.

My numerous trips crossing into Windsor were delightfully friendly. I think the lesson here is that there are some Canadians who are assholes.
Once those Canucks are swearing in Jamaican, a good indicator to get your food-tray to the garbage can and mosey.

Last edited:

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
That guy has been causing problems on the VT/ NH forums for years. If you didn't know any better you would think he was the only trail builder, rider in VT. On occasion I understand his frustration about trails getting commercialized etc, BUT he moved from NJ to one of the most touristy towns in VT ( Stowe), built trails on property he didnt own- then complains about how things unfolded. Dumb.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
new trail maps are out, doesn't look good. I wish they at least had left VAST as a connector, but you can't even ride on that, it looks like.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I am suppose to go next week. Have my camping reservations but it’s not looking good.
I will see next week if I need to cancel.
KT will not be the same without the trails. It’s an island now and will have more riders on the road. Just what is needed up there.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Ugh without parking on darling hill road that sucks. Like probably not worth literally driving past 2 lift access parks to get there. I just have to convince my wife highland isn't scary.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh without parking on darling hill road that sucks. Like probably not worth literally driving past 2 lift access parks to get there. I just have to convince my wife highland isn't scary.
Take her to Thunder. Their green trail is much newb friendlier and more fun than Highland's.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I was thinking of Sunapee, they just opened last year and look pretty mellow. Highland is nice because it's under an hour away.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I was thinking of Sunapee, they just opened last year and look pretty mellow. Highland is nice because it's under an hour away.
Cranmore Mt got a new bike park going.

And you get to ride all the other North Conway goodies.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks, I sort of guessed that, but...

Jackass riders are not restricted to a country, province, or state.

Overall, the proportion of riders/hikers/whatever that use but neither respect nor contribute is very high.

Strava and all the rest of the e-competition crap should be destroyed.
I saw bad etiquette there before strava was even invented. Don't blame a shitty app for disrespectful people. I'll never forget the time I was yelled on a two way trail while I was traveling uphill, or the spandex clad homies who don't even grunt out a hello as they rip by.

I saw bad etiquette there before strava was even invented. Don't blame a shitty app for disrespectful people. I'll never forget the time I was yelled on a two way trail while I was traveling uphill, or the spandex clad homies who don't even grunt out a hello as they rip by.
I agree that bad behavior existed before e-masturbation, but the apps have amplified the problem significantly.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Thanks, I sort of guessed that, but...

Jackass riders are not restricted to a country, province, or state.

Overall, the proportion of riders/hikers/whatever that use but neither respect nor contribute is very high.

Strava and all the rest of the e-competition crap should be destroyed.
After 5 weeks out west I can positively attest that 'we' are specials...