Quantcast

Kingdom Trails Update - Rain, rain go away!

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Hey everybody. Here is an update from the Kingdom Trails Association current trail conditions... :nope:

"TRAILS OPEN May 6, 2005 FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING (Opening postoned from April 30th due to extremely wet conditions) to best protect our trail system from negative impact during this typically wet season please wait to the trail season to begin."

So, it looks like I will be riding dirt roads and trails on the other side of the state for another week.

Last Thursday Johnbryanpeters showed me some very nice trails located about 1/4 mile from my office. The area is really sandy, so it was dry. Good hills, and few little stunts and even a little jumping! It was a trail shakedown ride for my new Surly Instigator. Here is the report... :) :) :)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I got a mailer from the Kingdom this week. I wonder if I'll make it out to VT to see my bro' and ride this year? That was an awesome time!!

We are in the same boat out here in CO. It's snowing today and been raining the last couple days. The forecast is rain throughout the middle of next week. :angry:

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
douglas said:
any pics of the new Rig ?
I don't have any pics of the completed project, but here it is in the beginning stage of build...

This thing rides sweet! I love the Fox Vanilla RLC125. I also swapped out the brake rotors for some smaller ones...

Attachments

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Echo said:
So the knee's all set? Can't wait to hit the Kingdom this year!
Thanks for asking Echo! The knee is at about 99% and I am stoked! Riding the trainer this winter really helped. I was able to tele this winter and have even started running again. It is amazing what injuries you can sustain while gardening!

At first the knee caused me to languish in beer and potatoe chips, the reality set in. So, over teh winter I dropped about 35 pounds. I will be about 30 pounds lighter at Dalton this year, my bike will be about 5 pounds lighter! The knee proved to be good motivation in the end!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jollytime said:
Thanks for asking Echo! The knee is at about 99% and I am stoked! Riding the trainer this winter really helped. I was able to tele this winter and have even started running again. It is amazing what injuries you can sustain while gardening!

At first the knee caused me to languish in beer and potatoe chips, the reality set in. So, over teh winter I dropped about 35 pounds. I will be about 30 pounds lighter at Dalton this year, my bike will be about 5 pounds lighter! The knee proved to be good motivation in the end!
:thumb: Glad to hear you're all healed up! I'm looking forward to riding with you again this year JT! Congrats on the new rig too...atleast I won't feel as bad when you pass me now that you aren't racing your bullitt ;)

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
TreeSaw said:
:thumb: Glad to hear you're all healed up! I'm looking forward to riding with you again this year JT! Congrats on the new rig too...atleast I won't feel as bad when you pass me now that you aren't racing your bullitt ;)
Yeah, that hill really sucked last year (not that the hill will be any smaller this year, right?).

Going from 7" to a hardtail was a big worry, but this new bike has NO friggin pedal bob! It sure isn't an xc racer, but compared to that bullit it feels like one on the hill climbs!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
jollytime said:
It sure isn't an xc racer, but compared to that bullit it feels like one on the hill climbs!
I seem to remember you kicking ass on that bullit on a couple of hills. Of course I thought you were going to pass out when you got to the top. :D

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
BikeGeek said:
I seem to remember you kicking ass on that bullit on a couple of hills. Of course I thought you were going to pass out when you got to the top. :D

That is a great pic! I was in such pain with quad cramps!!!! LOL!!!