Quantcast

Kirstin and Sarah back from the dead!

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
y0 shed monkeys!

sweetsarahmaria will be in town this weekend, and she's my excuse to hit the shed on sunday... the one problem is that she needs a bike. anyone 5 8/9-ish got a loaner?

also. come shuttle with us. it'll be great.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
y0 shed monkeys!

sweetsarahmaria will be in town this weekend, and she's my excuse to hit the shed on sunday... the one problem is that she needs a bike. anyone 5 8/9-ish got a loaner?

also. come shuttle with us. it'll be great.
There's a big group riding from the cell towers at 10am Sunday. I'll ask around about a bike. Hooking up for a shuttle should be no problem.

I'm assuming we're running hotseat shuttles, so there will always be a free bike (i.e. the driver). If you ask nice, I bet somebody would let you get in some runs.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I found somebody willing to loan a Turner 5-spot. That would be fine for the towerside, but not the steep side. Same guy said you could ride his Highline if he's driving. My advice, show up around 10 and we'll work something out.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
thanks for the replies! I actually managed to find a loaner for Sarah, so we're all set... and cannot wait to do some shuttling.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
all i can say is thanks to everyone for a great time, it was really cool seeing everyone and meeting new people, and i will have to come out to the shed more often.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Glad you had a good time. We rode the tower side all day and never made it to the steep side. (I assume you all were over there.) I think we had about 18 people riding at one point. Probably one of the most fun days I've had up there.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
yep, we had three vehicles going... the last shuttle was 7 people and 6 bikes crammed into a minivan - wish I'd gotten a picture!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Best friend for life!!!!!

You ride up here anymore? Today?
I actually just moved back to the area a little bit ago. Still trying to get everything in order, most of my bike stuff is still in Richmond, and I haven't ridden much lately anyway. I'd like to start riding again though!

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
I actually just moved back to the area a little bit ago. Still trying to get everything in order, most of my bike stuff is still in Richmond, and I haven't ridden much lately anyway. I'd like to start riding again though!
schweeeeeeeet... i'll be out of town for the next two weekends (which might actually give my gimpy ankle time to heal), but will be out in full force in three weeks!