Quantcast

Kitchen remodel or we get to use the campers kitchen for 3 weeks

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
phase one started today. they demoed the kitchen and installed the first of many sets of cabinets. The claim that all the cabinets and plywood counter bases will be in place by tomorrow. Monday the counter guys come in to make a template to cut the stone, we should get that in 8-10 days. Then the contractor installed the cut quarts and grout backsplash gas oven and hood

Oy

before we started

post demo

first cabinets

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
so today we got all the cabinets in place and 85% are ready for the countertop guys to come in and maked a template to cut the quartz slab. I put the old electric stove back in place so I can cook until the contractor installs the hood, stone back splash and gas stove.

cool stuff

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
OK this is way cool. All the cabinet work is done! The contractor is coming on thursday to install some outlets, undercabinet LED lighting and some LED cans in the ceiling, then we wait on the counter guys before we can go any further.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Have enough storage space for tupperware now? haha

Looks nice!
Very little of that stuff. Most of it will be filled with soups, pastas, rice, canned goods, cereals: in other words a real pantry. This is earthquake country so I try and keep a 7-10 day supply on hand. Having enough provisions worked really well after the 89 Loma Prieta Earthquake and some past winters floods when trucks had a hard time getting through.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
a little more progress. Got all the kitchen stuff unpacked and into the cabinets.
today we got the Hood into place

removed a door from the garage into the entertainment room ( too close to the TV and there is a door into the kitchen)

and got in the cut quartz for the back splash

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
woo hoo only 3 things left to do. Finish installing the hood ( Fedx delivered the missing bracket on Saturday) and then move the Stove and Dishwasher into place.

The tile guy was here Saturday and Sunday and did a spectacular job on the back splash.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Finished looks good. It was looking a bit dark for my taste in the early pics, though I assumed some of that was lighting and camera combo. The raw metal and the paint bring it to life.