Quantcast

"Klick"ning sound on Saintcranks

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
My 2 weeks old Shimano Saintcranks makes s "klick" every time when im putting force on my left pedal, sometimes it "klicks" on the rightside aswell.
Ive taken the cranks/bracket apart a few times and cleaned it up and regreased them but they still "klicks".
Is there anyone who knows how to get them non"klick"ing? :help:

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Sell um and buy Race Face Diablous !!!

Seriouse note try changing to diff pedals. OR if running a chain guide see if the chains hittin something? or if you have a front der check that the cable end isnt long enough where it might be hittin the crank ? That BB isnt designed to take apart as far as removing the seals and bearings so i would not recommend that. It is possible that one of the plastic seals that also acts as a shim is missing, it goes up against the bearing and also has a lip on it that fits snug in the bearing acting as a shim for the spindle and bearing surface.

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
I have tried with diffrent pedals but that didnt solve the problem. I think the sound comes from the threadinsert/washer so tonight im gonna put some more grease in that area and hope that will make it.

Ill keep u updated

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I have had this problem with road bikes too, and usually you need to take everything apart and put it back together. Try putting approximately two wraps of teflon tape around the BB cup bearing shells when you reinstall them too. The clicking is usually the shells moving in the threading. Do not grease if you use the teflon tape.