Quantcast

KMC X10SL chain DLC coated

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Kmc new 10 speed chain offering for road & mtb use.Retails for about $130 bucks

Red, DLC - These chains feature a super hard and highly wear resistant diamond like coating. The pins and inner plates are powder-coated red for extra style points
The DLC coating bumps up the price by $45,so will it be worth it if people would get one of those DLC coated chains for their bike?.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I've been using KMC X9SL Gold chain for a year. Once it's dead, I am going to switch for Yaban SL-900CR, which weighs nearly the same, but is 45% cheaper ;>
I can live w/o gold bling ;)

Jun 20, 2007
I would never pay $130 for a chain. Chains are a throwaway item for me, investing in an expensive chain does not make sense to me.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I would never pay $130 for a chain. Chains are a throwaway item for me, investing in an expensive chain does not make sense to me.
Maybe you should give a KMC x9SL a shot. You can find them online for 40 bucks, maybe you wont have to "throw them away" all the time. Its def. worth the extra 20 bucks over a shimano 9sp chain, much much stronger and lighter.

Jun 20, 2007
Maybe you should give a KMC x9SL a shot. You can find them online for 40 bucks, maybe you wont have to "throw them away" all the time. Its def. worth the extra 20 bucks over a shimano 9sp chain, much much stronger and lighter.
I will consider this, thank you.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
So your chain is harder than your cassette? That sounds kind of dumb. I'd rather be replacing cheap chains than expensive cassettes. Unless of course they make a DLC cassette.