Quantcast

Knapps Castle

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well, what a supprise...the one day I can go out and do some trail work in the morning I wake up feeling sick as a dog!

Haha, oh well, I'll try again after the race this weekend.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
yeah, i wont be riding for a while, so i'm down to do it whenever. i just hope i'm better before spring break!

I sold the M3 today :( The guy is coming back to pick it up, and give me the cash on Saturday, so hopefully i'll be picking up a Tacoma in the next week or so. I owe you guys a lot of shuttles, haha.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
yeah, i wont be riding for a while, so i'm down to do it whenever. i just hope i'm better before spring break!

I sold the M3 today :( The guy is coming back to pick it up, and give me the cash on Saturday, so hopefully i'll be picking up a Tacoma in the next week or so. I owe you guys a lot of shuttles, haha.
I know how that feels...I miss my BMW SOOOOOOO much :(

Btw, I'm down to get a bigger group together to do some work on Tunnel because I'm off all day Mon. and Tues.

Hey, Noah...let me know if you're down to help too (so far it's myself and Brent^^^). I'm tired of being scared of random rocks on tunnel...I miss my clean trail, hehe.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
now that we have more light, an after 5 might work?

and tomorrow may not work for me. I think i'm going to filmore to check out a truck. It sucks not having a car, so i need to find a new one asap!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Well today and Tuesday are out for me, but I'd be up for an after work deal at some point.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Well, I just now got down from Tunnel (started down at 2). It's looking really good now. We removed TONS of branches and rocks that should not be where they were.

Ya, we got a few compliments from some of the local hikers saying they liked that people were actually out working on it.

Can't wait to get back on there once I get my fork back from SRAM (sooo slow)!!!

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Well, I just now got down from Tunnel (started down at 2). It's looking really good now. We removed TONS of branches and rocks that should not be where they were.

Ya, we got a few compliments from some of the local hikers saying they liked that people were actually out working on it.

Can't wait to get back on there once I get my fork back from SRAM (sooo slow)!!!
you guys all done, or does it need some more work?

turns out i'm not looking at a truck tomorrow, it sold. so if the trail needs more maint i'm down for tomorrow.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Knapps looks good! I must say that the section at the very end did catch me off guard though! I didn't know about the line you guys made going to the right! haha!

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Knapps looks good! I must say that the section at the very end did catch me off guard though! I didn't know about the line you guys made going to the right! haha!

Seriously. I rode it a few times late today, and I finally found the line on the right the 2nd time, after I crashed on the left the first time. Noticed the new line as I was laying on the ground trying to find my bike! :imstupid:

Trail looks great though!

One of my friends brought it up, but at the next trail work day, someone (hopefully me as I need to get out there) should build some ramps or jumps so you can clear all the ruts from the water going across the fire road. They claimed a few tubes today. Anyone else agree/disagree with that?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its kinda a two line deal, smooth line with a skipper jump on the right and a rocky, chunky mess on the left that starts off with the waterbar to end all waterbars.:banana:

BMcarter. I was thinking the same thing w/ skipper jumps over the ruts, but I think its going to take mechanized assistance to work with anything up top. Its too dry to work with and concrete hard. My feeling is lines are starting to form already and ruts are great for testing suspension setups:banana:

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
the waterbar to end all waterbars.:banana:

Yeah, no kidding! I think that might have been what threw me off the bike. All I know is I'm unable to brake when my tires aren't on the ground. haha

I guess if we get some more rain (like that's going to happen) I'll just hike the top part with a shovel and at least try to make something to help hop over them.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, no kidding! I think that might have been what threw me off the bike. All I know is I'm unable to brake when my tires aren't on the ground. haha

I guess if we get some more rain (like that's going to happen) I'll just hike the top part with a shovel and at least try to make something to help hop over them.
I had a feeling that one was gonna kick hard, but I didn't really know how hard until I rode it this weekend!:huh: I'd like to say it'll wear down.....but we made it with rocks and mud, its gonna last!

Yeah, if we do get any rain it might be workable up top.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Hit a booby trap today on tunnel.

It was up near the top, where the trail gets narrow and steep, and goes around a blind left hand turn. Someone built a 2ft high wall of rocks, right across the trail. Of course I went OTB and I was LIVID!!!! Some hikers came walking up as I was moving it/cursing like a sailor and were way confused until I told them what i was doing. Luckily that was the only on I came across today.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Looks like it's supposed to rain tomorrow!

Who wants to go up with me and try to make some jumps over the ruts tomorrow afternoon if the rain has stopped. If not, then I'll be doing it Thursday morning.

Brent

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
I rode it yesterday and its fun as ever. Big thanks to all that have done trail work! Love all the little kickers.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
SB peeps. Anybody free this Thursday to show some Canucks around on your local trails? (Tunnel/CS) 2 super cool dudes from Quebec who are touring CA for 2 weeks to see what we have to offer. We showed them Laguna and some other local DH spot and they tore the **** out of it, so we figure they need something a bit more challenging.

A few of us locals may be able to come up as well but its still up in the air. Let me know and I'll have them get in contact with you.

Thanks