Quantcast

Knee Injury Update

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So as people know I am havving issues already, this past weekend I made one hell of a spectacle of myself laying it out across the finish line at woodward west. It was one hell of a crash that left me with 4 cracked ribs, a fractured sternum and Massive knee pain. I just got back a bit ago from the doctor for the first prtho appointment and I finally got some goo dnews this week. I didnt tear any ligiments or tendons, and I will not be needing surgury for the knee. I Did however Bruise the cap on the tibia, and on the Femur. There is one small tear on the very outside of the meniscus, but I am told that were it is, it will heal itself with no problem. Got me a cool new knee brace before I left, I was able to ditch the immobilizer, and at this point I go back every two weeks for an adjustment on the brace untill I am back able to walk without it. estimated six months for it to be totally healed, but should be able to do some light riding in about 3 months.Much better than I could hope for with all that happened.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm curious about one thing as I don't know much about chest injuries. Is it them that make you not ride for 3-6months? or is it the knee? as it seems like a quite long recovery. What I always do when someone tells me do a very long recovery is to go to another doctor (it's quite often worth to pay a lot of cash for an expensive sports doctor just for the consultation) to be sure it couldn't be done. My friend gained 6-8months on his recovery thanks to that move. Don't know how much you trust your doctor so I won't push to hard on that subject.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Its the knee that is putting me off the bike for awhile. the ribs will heal fast enough, and mostly just make me hurt. The knee on the other hand, if I dont take care of it, it can lead to surgery, and an even longer recovery time

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Don't eff with knee injuries... let that **** heal. After to ACL operations on my right knee, and some major damage to my left knee, I let that **** properly.

Damn... kamikaze was callin you too.

edit: wtf?! my post was immediately de-cussed. wow, who IS this super mod?

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
So you didnt tear anything in your knee, but you still cant ride for a few months? I tore my acl and mcl and had synthetic miniscus put in and my recovery time was only six months. I guess it could be a different situation and age... I was 18, but that seems like a really long time. But healing vibes to you bro.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
There is a slight tear on the very outer portion of the Meniscus, but its were the bloodflow is, so it should heal on its own with no worries, the part that is going to keep me off is teh bruising of the bones. Trust me, this **** really effin hurts.I think I would have rather torn something major so they could just repair it and be done with it.