Quantcast

Knee replacement

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
nope.nope.nope
How could you say no to tacos!?

Well, you know what's best for yourself. Wishing for the best outcome whatever route you choose.

But I still recommend eating tacos (and Mexican cuisine in general) south of Sacramento. Well worth the involuntary weight loss.

IMG_1870.JPG

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I can fix that.
02.JPG

Here was my imaging from a few months ago:

A52.jpg
A11.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Negotiate a price on the new knee before you sort out the trade in, you can always put the old ones up on craigslist.

If things are a little too beat up to use again my dog will happily chew on it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My mum had both done at once last year and is a heap better than she was beforehand.
Walking like a mong was starting to ruin one of her hips.

How could you say no to tacos!?

Well, you know what's best for yourself. Wishing for the best outcome whatever route you choose.

But I still recommend eating tacos (and Mexican cuisine in general) south of Sacramento. Well worth the involuntary weight loss.

View attachment 132860
It'd be awful nice if we could get real Mexican food up here. We have lots of Mexican families working for farmers, but they're too afraid of the gICEtapo to start restaurants.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
It'd be awful nice if we could get real Mexican food up here. We have lots of Mexican families working for farmers, but they're too afraid of the gICEtapo to start restaurants.
That's a shame. There should be a simpler, cheaper way for migrant workers to come here and work legally.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
That's a shame. There should be a simpler, cheaper way for migrant workers to come here and work legally.
As a legal immigrant, I can assure you the process is opaque, expensive and invasive. My parents refuse to visit me anymore because of the hassle they receive from the border control officers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice osteochondral defect there. My talus looked like a less rough version of that after a ski injury about 15 years ago. Night skiing + moguls turned out to be a bad idea.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nice osteochondral defect there. My talus looked like a less rough version of that after a ski injury about 15 years ago. Night skiing + moguls turned out to be a bad idea.
Basically dremeled it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Former CFO had it done and it fixed a bunch of his wobbly walking. He seemed happy.

My uncle had it done and it was initially rough. He was about 75 and had/has other health issues so there’s that. He seems to be moving around well now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The worst part I've had in this whole thing is crazy pain on the bottom of my foot near the toes and including them, both of the plantar nerves, mis-firing, like being constantly stabbed with an ice-pick, foot on fire at night like someone was holding a lighter under it. This happened within about 3 days of having the cast off and starting to get back to weight bearing (in a rigid boot). In the shower, I couldn't let warm-ish water touch my foot, it would burn like crazy. I was getting desperate, doing all sorts of crazy stuff, freezing socks to wear for a little while at night, dunking my foot in ice-water while in the shower, spraying it with every known analgesic, trying to sleep damn near upside down on my couch, riding (a few weeks later) in the cold without much insulation to force it to get cold. Would be hot to the touch, basically doing the exact opposite of my raynauds. I thought back to about this time last year, when I did a 100 mile race (ended up about 120ish with a wrong turn) in about -10F and I ended up with a bit of nerve damage due to the cold-soaked toes, not frostbite, just some nerve damage and couldn't feel the tips of my toes for a few months after. I thought that was exactly what I needed, just get some nerve damage in the opposite direction to fix it. The nerve isn't near the incision point, according to my doc this was due to not using the foot for so long, in a cast, etc. I ended up demanding some good drugs, which I got, which helped just enough to get a few solid (~4hr) blocks of sleep that wouldn't drive me insane. I also got a nerve-blocker drug that I'm not sure if it's helped, but in the last week this problem has seemed to subside and I've been able to sleep without having to resort to extreme measures or drugs. This was fucking rough though for around 3 weeks, I was going pretty crazy with it. Doc said it should subside..but man, as another friend said to me (with some knowledge of it) "That kind of neuropathic pain causes people to go insane". The thing is the joint, the weight-bearing, all of that seems to be going well.