Quantcast

Kneepads without sleeves?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
What knee pads are still made without a sleeve so that they're easy to put on after the climb? I don't want to climb with them, remove my shoes to put them on, or pull the pads on over my muddy Sidis.

Velcroing a wraparound two-piece sleeve around would be fine...

I have a set of Leatts 3.0something which are straps only, but don't even see them on the website anymore.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
no

there are decorations you can put on your knees but no knee pads that fit that description

judging by what passes for mountainbiking now I can tell you that pedaling up roads with kneepads acting as shin guards is the hot ticket. Add fanny pack and pit vipers to complete the look.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Thanks for the info--I think the Raceface fit what I'm looking for best, but some of the lighter weight options are interesting, too. (Edit: Actually I get a Leatt discount, so those zip pads look perfect...)

I am wondering, though, who forgot to feed Kidwoo his Geritol. Really, shouldn't it be OldWoo by now? I mean, spiritually AND chronologically... (Though, Woo, you're right about straps-only models, as that's what I am trying to replace...I shouldn't have said pads without sleeves in the title, but pads with velcro or zipper sleeves...)

Last edited: