Quantcast

Knock before entering the bathroom!please.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Im in the bathroom at starbucks and someone tries to come in there withoutknocking first. luckily the door was locked so my privacy was not interrupted. This happens all the time at my work as well. You would think that if the door to the bathroom was closed you would knock before entering. right?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
biggins said:
Im in the bathroom at starbucks and someone tries to come in there withoutknocking first. luckily the door was locked so my privacy was not interrupted. This happens all the time at my work as well. You would think that if the door to the bathroom was closed you would knock before entering. right?
So you're on a wireless laptop, eh? Don't drop it on the sticky floor when you lean forward to do your paperwork. :blah:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dude, why were you crapping at starbucks anyway? Ugh... Cause if you were just peein, somebody would just come in, go "oh sorry" and go out...no big deal, but the way you posted this indicates you were indeed pinching a loaf at starbucks :stosh: :dead:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
dude, why were you crapping at starbucks anyway? Ugh... Cause if you were just peein, somebody would just come in, go "oh sorry" and go out...no big deal, but the way you posted this indicates you were indeed pinching a loaf at starbucks :stosh: :dead:
Maybe he's one of those, ahhh...I forgot the German term for it...sitzpanklers[sp]? You know- he sits down to piss. :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlyShirley said:

nope definately takin a dump. but its a new starbucks so the bathroom is very nice especially since it is on the edge of a well to do neighborhood.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
biggins said:
nope definately takin a dump. but its a new starbucks so the bathroom is very nice especially since it is on the edge of a well to do neighborhood.
Be adventurous- tripod up on one of their cafe tables before they open and leave 'em a loaf. Watch the anarchy unfold through binocs while sitting safely in your car a block away. :devil:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:

I see you started the game I suggested

MTB_Rob_FL said:
biggins said:
I wake up and nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing then get in the car 5 minutes into the drive i get hit with hte overpowering urge and need to stop.
You could make it into a little game. Just start randomly stopping on your way to work at your friendly neighborhood fast food/diner (where ever looks like they will have a nice restroom) and leave them a random present.

Bonus points for the upper decker, or if you get other people to leave in disgust.

J

JRB

If the door is locked and someone jiggles the knob, what's the big deal. Unless, you were jiggling your knob and felt interupted. I don't get it. :confused:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
no they try to open the door. not a knob jiggle, and actual attempt at entry. even the know jiggle, why do that when you can just knock?

J

JRB

Here's my take. I don't want the door left open. I don't want to smell your funk while I sip on my latte. What's the harm if they don't hit it like a SWAT team dude??? Should they do they porta potty/air plane deal??? I was on a flight from Chicago when some dumb ass lady didn't teach her little girl to lock the door. I put the onus on the dumper and not the attempted dumper. It's your fault if you didn't secure your quarters.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
io secured my quarters sargeant, but the problem is not the infiltration of enemy insurgence on the front. the problem is with them not even attempting a knock. all im saying if the darm door is not hangin open knock before trying to open it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
llkoolkeg said:
:nope: Perhaps he was really trying to rub one out over the new hottie barista and is just pissed that the attempted entry shattered his concentration and prevented him from culminating.
no way man. that would never prevent me from performing.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
biggins said:
io secured my quarters sargeant, but the problem is not the infiltration of enemy insurgence on the front. the problem is with them not even attempting a knock. all im saying if the darm door is not hangin open knock before trying to open it.
I still don't get what the deal is :confused: ...I'd rather have someone fail an attempted entry than have to be all "Dood, Im taking a massive dump and need some time." If the door is locked, then you're safe. Now if you're in a multi-stall joint and someone attempts the entry on your stall, then you have every right to b!tch kick them :nuts:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I don't know but maybe its just me, but I don't usally knock on a bathroom door if its closed. Most public bathroom doors have self closers and close and latch automaticly. The best thing for you to do is, next time you're taking a Growler make a lot of noises like you're struggling to squeeze one out. Its your best defence against the nonknockers.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
but how hard is it to knock? I always lock the door so entry will be denied, but how hard is knocking?

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Brian HCM#1 said:
I don't know but maybe its just me, but I don't usally knock on a bathroom door if its closed. Most public bathroom doors have self closers and close and latch automaticly. The best thing for you to do is, next time you're taking a Growler make a lot of noises like you're struggling to squeeze one out. Its your best defence against the nonknockers.
Exactly. I don't knock and I won't. That's what the lock is for. Why waste my time knocking 99 out of 100 times? You know what even EASIER than knocking? Ignoring those that don't :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Didn't you post something about coffee making you crap? Man the mere smell of it must do it to you!!!

J

JRB

Maybe you should just get an "evacuation in progress" sign to put on the door.

J

JRB

Skookum said:
This is dumb, wait til someone picks the lock then cracks the door and stares at you, then complain.....
Or Stevie Wonder takes a seat or something. :think:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I don't knock. :think:

Many places I have never been before.....some places have multi-stall bathrooms that don't need to lock at the main door. If I grab the handle and it is locked I step back.

Screw knocking.....either the user wants someone to walk in on them (gross) or they lock it if it is indeed a bathroom that has that need.

Geez you were in starbucks not your girlfriends house. ;)

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
yeah, biggins to your complaint i kinda say: :nopity:

now when you're in a stall that DOESN'T have a lock so yer try to do your thing and hold the door at the same time, then some chick comes and tries to open the door and doesn't realize it's not SUPPOSED to open and tries to wrestle it away from you....THEN i complain

ooh, ooh. or what about when mothers bring their kids into the bathroom with them and even into the stalls and they get curious and start crawling around and peeking into your stalls.....that's pretty good stuff..i just look over and go, "word"

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
I once ran in to a stall (my stomach wasn't very happy with whatever I ate) and somebody who was just preparing to come out of the stall I decided to use got hit by the door.
So I guess there's a point to knocking, but I always just try the handle.

bigginsr

Chimp
Aug 29, 2004
what an interesting thread...................
how many ways can you spell bored and nothing else to do ?!

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
funny thing about biggins - he's got this super hangup about no one bugging him when he's on the crapper.
in fact, i was having a conversation with an old friend of his the other night and we were laughing about how george would jiggle the knob at our house when biggins was in there just so he would yell really loud "I'M IN HERE!!!!!"
you guys should ask him about dropping a bomb at some chinese restaurant on the way to bristol