Quantcast

Knolly Podium

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'm getting kinda serious about this frame now. (No hope on the frame I originally wanted...)

This thread got off track on peoples impressions on the bike. Any insight or ride comparisons out there?

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Another brilliant post from our resident dildo.

All of those listed have 3 linkage members in the back end. This has 5. I'm wondering what this accomplishes that can't be done with a standard 4-bar.
Thanks for the mental gymnastics you've performed in coming up with that nice phrase, "resident dildo." Comic genius for sure.

The Knolly doesn't have 5 linkage members compared to those others having 3. It has the same number as a Demo, fewer than every VPP design in use now (as far as I have seen, at least), and fewer than those erector set bikes like Brooklyn or Balfa.

Noel has publicly explained why he uses that design, has done so in several venues and formats. You can read, and/or watch video, can't you?

The quarrels over linkage number remind me of the "political" discussions many have here in that free-for-all forum. Lots of opinion, very little knowledge. The thing that matters is how a bike rides. If you think the linkage looks too complicated, don't buy one -- or, investigate why the linkages were used, and whether it's a solid design that will not have the weaknesses you fear.

Last edited:

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the mental gymnastics you've performed in coming up with that nice phrase, "resident dildo." Comic genius for sure.

The Knolly doesn't have 5 linkage members compared to those others having 3. It has the same number as a Demo, fewer than every VPP design in use now (as far as I have seen, at least), and fewer than those erector set bikes like Brooklyn or Balfa.

Noel has publicly explained why he uses that design, has done so in several venues and formats. You can read, and/or watch video, can't you?

The quarrels over linkage number remind me of the "political" discussions many have here in that free-for-all forum. Lots of opinion, very little knowledge. The thing that matters is how a bike rides. If you think the linkage looks too complicated, don't buy one -- or, investigate why the linkages were used, and whether it's a solid design that will not have the weaknesses you fear.
You sir, are screaming for it...

Demo 8 bearings
Knolly 12 bearings
VPP 8 bearings.
Balfa 2 bearings for the BB7 (Maybe 3 with the idler)

Please stop talking **** about things you don't have a hint about.