Quantcast

Know of a Dhx Vpp spring rate?...calculator?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Str8OutaBallard said:
Is there anything like this (for a Dhx/Vpp) on the web?:

http://www.tftunedshox.com/progressive/setupcoil.htm

I'm 6' 200lbs in gear... my vpx frame came with a 2.80x 450# spring... something tells me this isn't gonna work...

w/a 4 bar linkage & a 5th Coil I need a 600# spring minimum..
I would chat with Intense before getting a coil, but this is the setup chart for the VP-Free: http://santacruzmtb.com/bicycles/vpfree.php?setup=1

I am 220 and I use a 500 lb spring, but I could get away with a 450 as well.

Mar 1, 2004
Montreal Area
On my demo 9, I'm running a 550 lb spring and I'm 280lbs... In my defence, I'm 6'4" too... and big boned.................................. and have a beer gut... :(

Jun 18, 2004
sirsleepsalot said:
On my demo 9, I'm running a 550 lb spring and I'm 280lbs... In my defence, I'm 6'4" too... and big boned.................................. and have a beer gut... :(
well that, in my mind, illustrates how leverage can make all of the difference on a spring... I ride a 550# on my Sceam and it's undersprung... I've got a 600 and 650 5th ele coming in the mail...

acording to Santa Cruz the Vpp w/my weight I can use a 450#... I have a friend that's a little heavier than me and rides a Vpp... he went by the website until somebody convinced him that he was running too much sag... now he's running a 600# on his 5th and it's good...

the thing is that my Vpx comes w/a 450 and a Dhx not a 5th... so I'm confused... I guess I will have to just buy springs/install them/ then try a heavier one... it just sux to have a bunch of springs that didn't work out laying around!

azrider44

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
hey does anyone know if you can use a 5th coill on a DHX , Fox is impossible to get a hold of, I weigh 235 , any suggestions on a spring rate for 5th and DHX, do they have different spring rates? Its for a VP-Free?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
azrider44 said:
hey does anyone know if you can use a 5th coill on a DHX , Fox is impossible to get a hold of, I weigh 235 , any suggestions on a spring rate for 5th and DHX, do they have different spring rates? Its for a VP-Free?
No, the springs are differnet diameters. I heard something about romic springs possibly fitting but I'm not certain.