Quantcast

Kokanee!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My week in Whistler revolved around the stuff.
Maybe not the greatest beer on earth, but good and refreshing.
Plus they sponsor Crankworx and the Wed Whistler races.

Anyone else try this tasty stuff?
Can you get it in the states?

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
HAHA... You just got back to huh???? Home just dosn't feel the same anymore. No more 10hr ride days :( No more 20ft tables and drops on trail. Ahhhhh Whistler.

But yah Kokanee was good stuff. I really really liked the GOLD. I crashed out the 2nd to last day. So on the last day of riding I sat at the GLC and prob. had 6 golds heckling my friends off the Box and GLC drop. Never seen it over here, but one of my buddies said he's seen the reg. Kokanee in stores before. I'm def. on the look out.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ishh...There are much better beers out there than Kokanee. But in Canada you're definitely limited in beer selection...finding the guy on the Kokanee label is easy at first but after a few cold one, it's like a drunken deathmatch of Where’s Waldo!!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Zark said:
My week in Whistler revolved around the stuff.
Maybe not the greatest beer on earth, but good and refreshing.
Plus they sponsor Crankworx and the Wed Whistler races.

Anyone else try this tasty stuff?
Can you get it in the states?
I've had plenty of that on my trips to Whistler. But why would you have that when you could have gone to the Whistler Brewhouse? It's a microbrew right in the village and the beer is 100 times better. Which leads me to my second question, why in God's name would you want to find that stuff here when there are so many better choices?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dogwonder said:
Which leads me to my second question, why in God's name would you want to find that stuff here when there are so many better choices?
Nostalgia:)

Acadian said:
ishh...There are much better beers out there than Kokanee. But in Canada you're definitely limited in beer selection...finding the guy on the Kokanee label is easy at first but after a few cold one, it's like a drunken deathmatch of Where’s Waldo!!
He's a sneaky l'il fokker ain't he?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
ugh....Kokanee = ass. :dead: Gold is stomach-able, but only in a pinch. I find Kokanee to be about on par with Molson Canadian.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Zark said:
Wow, I have horrible taste in beer....good to know.
But pretty good taste in women apperently. So I think that evens out.

If only we could get a good beer company to throw down thousands on bike events. :mumble:

The Ito

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
ito said:
But pretty good taste in women apperently. So I think that evens out.

If only we could get a good beer company to throw down thousands on bike events. :mumble:

The Ito
Just what we need, have all the camelbacks filled with the sponsor's product and every rider is now piss drunk. Sign me up :thumb: