Quantcast

kona 4x build...done!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks good. I've got a Dawg I was thinking about using for 4x as well. Eitehr that or I'll be building up a HT over the winter. Not sure yet...

it tracks well, good snap out of the gates and very predictable in the berms. i think the 4 inch of travel is spot on for what i use this bike for, 4x/ds and trail riding. a few downsides...i wished that the toptube was more downsloping and chainstay alittle shorter (i probably would have gotten a smaller frame if i were using it solely for 4X)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Colin said:
Looks good! Have a ride report?

Regarding the Cowan FS frame -- it's expensive! The Howler is listed and $599 and the Cowan FS is $1069.
The Howler frame comes w/o a shock and the Cowan DS comes with a Fox Float RP3 so the price difference is justified.

I used to have Dawg built up similarly, I loved that bike. It was bullet proof and had great geometry as well.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
punkassean said:
The Howler frame comes w/o a shock and the Cowan DS comes with a Fox Float RP3 so the price difference is justified.

I used to have Dawg built up similarly, I loved that bike. It was bullet proof and had great geometry as well.
That makes sense.

I agree, the Dawg line does look good. Hmmm...