Quantcast

kona cowen vs a hardrock?

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
what better for dirt jumping.......i dont no theres to much confuison alot of people tell me diff things....im diging the hard rock....im hitting 6 to 8 foot drop and like 32ft gaps and stuff.....help me out......

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Nope, this is one of the stupid Santa Barbara kids that keep making all the stupid posts. You can almost tell what a bike is for by looking at the name. Cowen = John Cowen - Pro Dirt Jumper/badass

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
oliver your retarted why are you going to get a jumping bike you con't even go off a jump with a one food gap you won't even drop a foot and a half and you have a 01 stab your just wasting money and peoples time don't be a retard

lol

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Adam Novatt said:
oliver your retarted why are you going to get a jumping bike you con't even go off a jump with a one food gap you won't even drop a foot and a half and you have a 01 stab your just wasting money and peoples time don't be a retard
lol
For once, I actually agree (I think, it was hard to make out what you said: you were talking about food too). :stupid:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ugh...the hardrock vs a kona cowan..... will this ever end?

if you want personal experience tips sbddhrider, i watched with my own eyes a friend of mine 50/50 a 14' double on his hardorck and rip the chainstays on his frame in half. They are tiawenese piles of sh!t.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
What is "spiking" and how can I eliminate it in my Jr. T? I am fairly new to freeriding and still in the process of learning things.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
droplover said:
What is "spiking" and how can I eliminate it in my Jr. T? I am fairly new to freeriding and still in the process of learning things.
why would you randomly ask this in a thread about nothing near what you are looking for?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
i dont know how well a hard rock would survive a 32' double...
i destroyed my 1st bike (so trek trail bike) doin like 6' doubles (and lotsa drops to flat) and it was similar

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Honestly, this should be in the beginners forum. When a frame costs $400, and a bike costs $500, you can't compare the frame and the bike. Don't be stupid.

If you want to get a good jumping bike, look at the Specialized P. series. If you can get a used 03/04/05 P. and just work with that. I have a 03 P1 and I love it, it has perfect geometry for jumping, and I got it for $400.

But if you're not racing 4X and you're hitting single jumps, not tight rhythms, stick with your Stab and don't waste your money. And think about what you're asking before you come up with rediculous questions like this.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
wow what a stupid question. go home to pinkbike, bud. I actually started out riding a hardrock too, back when i was a grom. I upgraded all the parts until the only thing stock was the seatpost. I eventually got too good for the frame though, and the left dropout seperated from the chainstay via a minor case... crumpled the whole rear end... I'm done with aluminum HT frames... :dead:

-C

greg447

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
new hampshire
Yea, i started with a hardrock also, and my dropout also seperated. I rode the hardrock for about 3 months, got too good for it and saved for a new bike, its not a bad bike to start out on but the cowan would be much better man.