Quantcast

Kona Roast?

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was thinking about getting a Kona Roast this summer, the 2004 modle since all of the 2003 modles are gone, I was wondering what you guys thought of it, how would it hold up to DJ and freeriding? If any of you out there have a Roast, let me know what you think of it.

-Ice Bullit:cool:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i have a scab, and this post has nothing to do wiht your qestion so nevermind

(scab's are steal, roasts are alluimum... sorry)

also if you are all and wouldnt mind a 2001 model roast 19in
i can get u da hook up mofo...

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the offer, but I want a new bike, I was thinking about the scab but I guess that steel isn't my thing.... but I guess that I have never tried it so I don't know what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I absolutely love mine. I ride it more than my Stinky. Incredibly stiff and strong, very versatile as a freeride hardtail, XC trail bike, urban, jumper etc.. I built mine from the frame up with my own component selection, but stock or custom components, I'm sure you'll be happy with the frame.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Horz. drop outs would be tight, I can hardly wait to see what is really comming out on the bike, what ever it is it should be tight.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by htrdoug
Kona dealer,Should know for sure when he goes to whistler for intro
Can you let me know when he dose, and what comes on it for sure? I just am courois as to what is really going to be on there.

SwisSlesS

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Home of the Massholes
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
Can you let me know when he dose, and what comes on it for sure? I just am courois as to what is really going to be on there.
Do you think they'll have a stock model of the bike there? Seems more likely to me that they would have some demo model with upgraded parts.

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
i have an 03 model and find it to be one of the best bikes for the price range i have ridden... im no smooth riuder and it has copped ****loads of $hit over the last 10 months... (i cant count i got it in november anywya)

the forks are a little bent but thats too be expected they are **** anyway... everythign else going strong as... wheels were trued by my lbs before i got them and hes a pretty good wheel builder but they are no where near out of true yet.. i race downhill on this bike i also race bmx on it and ride it at the trails every weekend...

im not even sure if there is an 04 model becasue on the 04 kona poics that have bene posted on this and other forums then the stuff is the top of the line OB hardtail...

i recomend this bike... they are sick