Quantcast

Kona Stinky Supreme/Stab Supreme owners

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
I rode a year with my Stinky Supreme, but my Fox DHX 5.0 just doesn't feel right to me in comparison with my 888rc...

I wondered if some guys with these bikes (with the dhx5.0, 9.5x3.0, 400spring) could tell me what their settings are for a 70-75kg rider. (Which air pressure...)

I would appreciate it a lot because I have already read all that I could find.

thx!

Nov 9, 2005
i run my spring mostly all the way up the valve body, my pro-pedal is always off unless i need to pedal. I have 75 psi in the chamber, and the rebound is 4 clicks from all the way in.

snide

Chimp
Mar 28, 2005
Seattle
Yo Pashley -

I had the same problem. I go to Whistler about 25 days every year to get my DH kicks. I finally moved from my Bullit to an 05 Stinky Supreme with DHX 5 and 888RC. The DHX felt dead from the get go. The only time it felt right was on good sized drops but in the rocks and roots and gnar sections it felt harsh like it was packing up. I used a 5th element for a while and that felt better. I would like to try an Avy on it. Any how I'm setting the sag now at almost 50% and running a 425# spring. This makes a huge difference in plushness. Like SBDH Racer I turn pro pedal off, run about 70 psi in the chamber, and set the rebound as fast as your comfortable with. I think the DHX is just a pile. The frame is so sweet it should be buttery smooth.