they'll never know
why you had to run

ride as fast as you can
they're shooting to kill

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I want whtever he's on. Must be some goooood s4!t.
Is this going to be like POD Pt. II? Is he going to start saying that he loves God and believes that God put weed and alcohol on the planet so that we could be happy?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
didnt 311 start out as a christian rock band? also POD is christian and i personally think they rock. But what do i know.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
biggins said:
didnt 311 start out as a christian rock band? also POD is christian and i personally think they rock. But what do i know.
Yep, MXPX is the same way. I listened to their album about 10 times until I started noticing religious references. I would have caught it sooner, but I make a habit of not listening to the lyrics of punk bands. Its normally like reading a diary of a 12 year old.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Andyman_1970 said:
I'll be interested to see what he does now musically. "

I'm not sure he ever really did anything "musicaly" in the first place. Teeny-Bopper B.S. if you ask me :eviltongu

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Andyman_1970 said:
Oh I love U2, but as for bands that consider themselves Christian for the most part (there are a few exceptions - believe me I've searched high and low) they are pretty lame. Granted the "shiney happy" Christians like those groups, but I'm not a "shiney happy" Christian...............LOL
andy - if you are still on the search for a good christian band, check out Woven Hand. it's a side project (now fulltime) from the singer of 16 horsepower. he's got two cds out, and they are very good in a dark, remorseful, johnny cash kinda way. just read an interview w/ him in the latest issue of Comes With A Smile (http://cwas.hinah.com/) which is a great mag and has good tunes generally, on the free cd.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
narlus said:
andy - if you are still on the search for a good christian band, check out Woven Hand. it's a side project (now fulltime) from the singer of 16 horsepower. he's got two cds out, and they are very good in a dark, remorseful, johnny cash kinda way. just read an interview w/ him in the latest issue of Comes With A Smile (http://cwas.hinah.com/) which is a great mag and has good tunes generally, on the free cd.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check them out.............