Quantcast

Kovarik's new ride

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
all that new tech, and they couldn't get him a new shadow saint rear der.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
or the new 4 piston saint brakes....oh, wait .... i didn't say that
Cat's outta the bag!

Hopefully they'll be a little less powerful than those first generation 4-piston XT brakes that had to be soaked in oil due to their insane strength. Those things were so ridiculous they could have probably stopped a Moto GP bike.

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
Cat's outta the bag!

Hopefully they'll be a little less powerful than those first generation 4-piston XT brakes that had to be soaked in oil due to their insane strength. Those things were so ridiculous they could have probably stopped a Moto GP bike.
weren't those basically a rip off of the 4 piston grimecca (sp?)?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
weren't those basically a rip off of the 4 piston grimecca (sp?)?
The later version of the XT and the grimeccas were very similar (who knows which came first - chicken and egg sorta thing), but I'm referring to the very first generation that were only tested by the pros and never sold to the public due to their ri-donk-ulous uber strength. I think I remember Stik posting something about having set up a couple pairs BITD. If memory serves, there may have even been a twin rotor version that had 3 brake pads per wheel - one on the outside, one on the inside, and one in the middle. Nuts.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Cat's outta the bag!

yeah, the twin rotor one?....the schwinn team had those.....i remember, as a 14-15 year old kid i drew up a design for identical, and then blam, a few months later shimano prototyped them and didn't make them because they were too strong!....i felt like a genius.....

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I believe Grimacea designed them,sold the design to ****manno then dogged them and made them themselves. I could be wrong,not like Shiscamo didn't deserved to get shafted anyways.
Look forward to some credible Dorrado feedback.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
I think I remember Stik posting something about having set up a couple pairs BITD. If memory serves, there may have even been a twin rotor version that had 3 brake pads per wheel - one on the outside, one on the inside, and one in the middle. Nuts.
even had a little water cooling system. mad. hope the new shimanos are good.