Quantcast

Krazy deals on pedals?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I'm looking for a screamin' deal on some flat pedals. I found a good deal on some syncros crux pedals at jensonusa, but I'm looking for either the spank spikes, or a pair of Straitline AMPs. Or something similar (thinner...)

I currently ride Azonic 420s, which are fine, but I kind of beat them up.

Suggestions? Good finds

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah, they're 'spensive. I figured now was the time to buy some since they'll hopefully be slightly less retarded in price.

not so much. or at least, not quite.

I can't bring myself to spend over $100 on pedals. The ones I've been using in my AM bike are cheapo brick-like beasts that weigh a ton, and even after a re-build have a ton of slop in them. They did last quite a while...

Maybe I'll just transfer my pedals back and forth from my DH bike to my AM bike all the time. But my Azonics are pretty roached too. For some reason, my DH bike gets all the bling attention. I have some friends who are a very bad influence for frivolous bike purchases... Spank Spikes would be so sweet... until I smash them.

All of my pedals have "replaceable" pins. Any that need replacing are now fused/mashed into the platform and would likely need to be drilled out. I like that the pins on the Spanks have an Allen head on the under side. At least you can try to replace them. The cheapest I've found them was $109. Not quite there...

And those Cruxes are a little on the thick side.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
i got myself the nukeproof compound pedals.... and they suck, they developed play after 1month of moderate use...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
its a large platform, yes. the compound only indicates that its a plastic version of their alloy decoy pedals.
i see, so they aren't local, they might be made by someone on a yacht in Florida or something?

i got myself the nukeproof compound pedals.... and they suck, they developed play after 1month of moderate use...
so, they are free to move about, the compound?

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
so, they are free to move about, the compound?
The play has compounded his problem.

Those deity, nukeproof, superstar, kona pedals are all catalog pedals. They are made by HT, and if you look around you can normally find them cheaper. I found the HT pedals on ebay a while back for $49 shipped, so I bought 2 sets. They indeed kick ass.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The play has compounded his problem.

Those deity, nukeproof, superstar, kona pedals are all catalog pedals. They are made by HT, and if you look around you can normally find them cheaper. I found the HT pedals on ebay a while back for $49 shipped, so I bought 2 sets. They indeed kick ass.
someone from deity posted in the DH forum a while back that their pedals aren't a straight catalog pedal. something about the grade of resin used being more durable. or something. i don't feel like trying to struggle with RM's search function to find it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
someone from deity posted in the DH forum a while back that their pedals aren't a straight catalog pedal. something about the grade of resin used being more durable. or something. i don't feel like trying to struggle with RM's search function to find it.
Ha, resins huh. Reminds me of....

They have the Golden Arches, we have the golden arcs....

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
The Deity compounds are not that great for wet conditions. The center of the pedal is raised up a bit high. It is in fact even with the top of the pins. I used them for one ride in the trail bike, then put them on the DJ rig.