Quantcast

krikland bellevue riders?

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
hey guys are there any people here who ride dh freeride and urban or dj i just moved over to kirkland and am living up by rose hill i was just wondering if theres any body out there besides xc guys

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
bikerpunk98199 said:
hey guys are there any people here who ride dh freeride and urban or dj i just moved over to kirkland and am living up by rose hill i was just wondering if theres any body out there besides xc guys
I'm in Bothell....nothing but urban for now...all the trails are a little wet...just make sure there aren't any "No Riding" (or whatever) signs around though...so at least you have a relavent excuse when you get hassled by the Po-po....

"Uh...yeah occifer...I'm blind........yeah....that's it....."

*Rachetting of cuffs here*

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I freeride/downhill whenever I get a chance. But around here I mostly ride XC at St. Eds to stay in shape or hit SST. I use my AC1 for exercise and long epics, and the V-tach for FR/DH.

The most local bang for yer buck is South SeaTac right now, thanks to the frigg'in forestry service shutting down the exits.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I'm down on the water by 520. I did run into a kid on the lifts at Whistler that was from Kirkland....maybe you? Hit me up if you wanna rip. You too BigB

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Speaking of Kirkland, whay hasn't anyone ever built any DJs or other "fun stuff" in the huge gravel pit up at Kirkland Watershed Park?

Seems like it would be a perfect place with a great run in and everything. Yet, there's nothing there.

Up by 405 on the South end of the park.

The area along the freeway would also be a perfect place for an "east side Tapeworm" network and I know that at one point, the city council was cool with someone doing that as long as they had good communitcation with the city and worked with them.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
The little trials section in St. Edwards with the steel welded teeter totter has been completely removed. Bastyr demo'ed and removed every last hint of stunts that made St. Eds worth riding.

The most air you can achieve at St. Eds now is from a bunny hop in the parking lot.

Every time I go to the Shore, I get more depressed about how restricted we are down here in Seattle.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Big B, are you saying that Bastyr isn't allowed to do what they want with their property but you are?

Just bitchin' on the sidelines doesn't help getting legal stuff down here so we can save gas heading North.

Just asking...

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Borneo said:
Just asking...
No, your not just asking. :rolleyes: Your playing devil's advocate. :eviltongu Your point is pretty much guaranteed to be posted the instant somebody expresses their sorrow when a great trail is ruined.

I'm bummed that Bastyr torn up the fun stuff, and I have a right to be. You can blather on about property rights until your blue in the face, but I will still be bummed that yet another fun spot to ride is ruined. :(

Geeze, there's always someone waiting to piss all over a post.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
These posts are like road rage. Someone cuts you off and you just want to punch through their face. But if you meet the same guy at a store or in this case, on the trail, then it's all good.

There's so much insinuation and arrogance it can be revolting, but I bet most people here are pretty cool in REAL life.

...even Borneo. :thumb:

Nov 15, 2005
well i live in kirkland about 2 days a week, but rarely have my bike with me, if i know ill have it in advance ill post here and we can ride

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
ok sweet thanks guy wow i didnt think id get that many posts well most of them were forum rage but w/e. hey largeextracheese do you know a guy that lives off of i26th ave n.e. he rides an m3? theres some djs in big finn but there not that great there tinny

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Sorry man. I'm like you, I know not a soul in K-town. If you wanna ride just let me know. I'm thinking along the same lines as BigB. So Borneo is saying you can't bitch about riding around here? It's pretty much a conversation opener to whomever I'm speaking to. We are all in the same boat that's for sure. Some people are better advocates than others but ultimately we all have the same goals. Going at each other's throats is a losing battle much like what is going on with the Iraq pullout. Combining forces to solve a problem no matter how it began seems to be the smart way. We all know that. Constantly harping on fellow bikers gets you nowhere. Perhaps a grom that is just starting his career is reading this and will gain alittle factual content about our riding area situation than a few spouting mouths going nowhere. Be constructive not destructive kids. I too get sick of the badmouthing. Borneo, you've been on here awhile and I'm assuming that your not a youngin'. Be nice brother.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
It's cool.

My guess is that you guys are just thinking differently than I am. I see the whining about losing places to ride and no action, that's all. I was earlier trying to be positive about trying to spur someone to get involved at Kirkland watershed as it's near there and has some good vibes with the city council already planted.
So, I'm (politely I hope) calling out Big B to do something positive about it and I'm the bad guy????
Yeah, I've been around the local mtb block for a long long time. So, I'm pretty jaded. (Burnt out on the politics too....) But, you just gotta keep forging ahead "half glass full" ya know? :)

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Did you read my post? We don't think differently. We all think the same. You're assuming that none of us do anything for the issue.....wrong. I doubt you'll find anyone on RM or beyond that has no concern for land issues and advocacy. We all care, we don't have a different mindset, and we want change just as much as you. "Jaded" is a word that really means that you're a brick wall opposing any avenue of change. Hence, the sharp tongue you so quickly displayed above to BigB's post. I'm not attacking, only explaining (again) that we are all in the same boat. Change is slow, so we need to work at it, and not forget how lucky we are around here for the places we do have. I truly feel blessed to ride trails like Ranger Creek and Tiger. They are sooo good and sooo beautiful that I feel almost guilty.

bikerpunk98199 said:
ok sweet thanks guy wow i didnt think id get that many posts well most of them were forum rage but w/e. hey largeextracheese do you know a guy that lives off of i26th ave n.e. he rides an m3? theres some djs in big finn but there not that great there tinny
That would be me your talking about. I'm always down for a ride. I also have a brother who lives in the Bridle Trails area who rides a Fly.

Although not a dirt jumper myslelf, If you guys are interested in starting some dirt jumps in the Kirkland area please let me know. I have an excellent place where they could be built legally but it will take time. I have already spoken to the BBTC about starting this project but honestly their plate is full and would need someone else to spearhead this project. PM me if you would like more info. Unfortunately my professional and personal life are pretty busy right now (a couple of future freeriders will be entering my life in 5 weeks). With that said I would be more than happy to help with permitting and planning just not enough time to manage the entire project.

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
so umm.... back to the original post.

hey, i live in kirkland (south end though, few blocks from the south kirkland park and ride). I dont get to ride as much as I like, but I get out to South Sea Tac every once in a while and have ridden tapeworm in Renton a few times. if anyone ever wants to meet for a ride, just let me know

Largextracheese, I may have been the kid you met from kirkland at Whistler. Late august? There is a few kids I know that are from kirkland and go to Whistler all the time though (lucky bastards) so it was probably one of them.

And with regards to building at Watershed, i know a lot of walker kind of people are against it, and i definetly dont want to build an illegal trail. If anyone ever started something with the city i would help, but i just really dont have the time to start it myself.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
ya i remember me and "wigga" built a jump on the side of the trail at watershed that in no way blocked the trail or anything and somebody had torn it down like the next day. and there used to be these really weak jumps probably where you're talking about and even they got torn down.

i used to live in kirkland, but now i live in the desert oasis of tri-cities, and i just build trails wherever i want right out in the open and the only response i've gotten from people who live around the trails is "hey, do you need to borrow some buckets to water those jumps down?"

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
freeridekid said:
i just build trails wherever i want right out in the open and the only response i've gotten from people who live around the trails is "hey, do you need to borrow some buckets to water those jumps down?"
damn man, thats all anybody could ask for. next time im on the east side i'll have to look you up. effing community associations :mumble: :redhot: at least we have dan's backyard

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
I live in Redmond.. well.. almost in Kirkland. I usually ride at SST, since I havent lived here that long. I'm always down for a ride...

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
so umm.... back to the original post.

hey, i live in kirkland (south end though, few blocks from the south kirkland park and ride). I dont get to ride as much as I like, but I get out to South Sea Tac every once in a while and have ridden tapeworm in Renton a few times. if anyone ever wants to meet for a ride, just let me know

Largextracheese, I may have been the kid you met from kirkland at Whistler. Late august? There is a few kids I know that are from kirkland and go to Whistler all the time though (lucky bastards) so it was probably one of them.

And with regards to building at Watershed, i know a lot of walker kind of people are against it, and i definetly dont want to build an illegal trail. If anyone ever started something with the city i would help, but i just really dont have the time to start it myself.

I live like 4 minutes away from S. Kirk park & ride. I live in Villagio. If you've heard of it or passed by it. What school do you go to?

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Dude, I live across the street from you. Up the hill. Which Apt. are you in? I'll try to throw a rock at it.

I live in apt # 4209. Good luck trying to throw a rock at it. haha. It's a bit confusing to find from outside. But yeh. So right as you come in, you see a water fountain. Then the apartments to your right is the one i live in.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
for every one in kirkland i work at the montlake bike shop in downtown kirkland and every friday night we ride urban after work every one is welcome to joins so come shred some gnar w/ us. and run over some retarded emo kids!

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
for every one in kirkland i work at the montlake bike shop in downtown kirkland and every friday night we ride urban after work every one is welcome to joins so come shred some gnar w/ us. and run over some retarded emo kids!
Hey Chris watsup? Yeh this friday I have no school. So we're trying to get everyone up to SST then come back and hit up some urban. Which would be sweet. So i'm down for the urban night. Haha retarded emo kids remind me of good times. I was at the skatepark and all the skaters and just the people at the skatepark were gonna walk over to the emo kids and pretend like we were gonna beat the crap out of them. haha. One guy was like "DUDE CALM THE **** DOWN!" haha. Later days guys.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
The most local bang for yer buck is South SeaTac right now, thanks to the frigg'in forestry service shutting down the exits.
yup i was up at triente ocho last sunday and got a warning from the forest diservice, they said next time we get caught riding up there its $275....