Quantcast

krusy Butt

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Haven't heard that there is a new course, and web site alludes to it being the same:
Participants from last year speak fondly of this course and its demanding characteristics.
I can only surmise that the "demanding characteristics" that were spoken of are the 5 minutes I spent 50bpm above my anaerobic threshhold. It took me weeks to recover! :D

Romeo

Chimp
May 20, 2002
Full Trucker said:
I can only surmise that the "demanding characteristics" that were spoken of are the 5 minutes I spent 50bpm above my anaerobic threshhold. It took me weeks to recover! :D
Yes! Perfect!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
mtnbkr4235 said:
Is there much tech stuff on it? Or is it just really fast singletrack type of a thing?
The very top of the course runs straight down a fairly steep ski run, and because of that it's pretty loose and rutted. Following that is a short, steep rocky section but nothing NEARLY as bad as Angel Fire. Maybe as techy as some stuff you'd find up at White Ranch off the back side. The rest of the course is technically "tame" (meaning no jumps, rocks, drops, etc.) but it's pretty tough because you can haul some serious @ss on the swoopy singletrack stuff, and then the bottom just blows WIDE open and it's just pedal pedal pedal as fast as you can go.

Choice of bike is gonna personal preference... some people are gonna want to run a shorter travel 4X style bike for the pedalling efficientcy and light weight, others are gonna want a bigger DH bike for the couple of techy top sections and the high-speed stability of a longer wheelbase.

As I've asserted in other posts, if you have the means and the room, bring both! Practice on each, time it and race whichevers faster.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Full Trucker said:
The very top of the course runs straight down a fairly steep ski run, and because of that it's pretty loose and rutted. Following that is a short, steep rocky section but nothing NEARLY as bad as Angel Fire. Maybe as techy as some stuff you'd find up at White Ranch off the back side. The rest of the course is technically "tame" (meaning no jumps, rocks, drops, etc.) but it's pretty tough because you can haul some serious @ss on the swoopy singletrack stuff, and then the bottom just blows WIDE open and it's just pedal pedal pedal as fast as you can go.

Choice of bike is gonna personal preference... some people are gonna want to run a shorter travel 4X style bike for the pedalling efficientcy and light weight, others are gonna want a bigger DH bike for the couple of techy top sections and the high-speed stability of a longer wheelbase.

As I've asserted in other posts, if you have the means and the room, bring both! Practice on each, time it and race whichevers faster.
Sounds sweet. So since its mostly fast stuff, would it be best to have my rebound set to be pretty slow to increase pedal efficiency? and run higher tire pressure then at angelfire, lol. Im obviously not a super-edumacated racer, haha. Angelfire was only my first dh race. Also, I looked at the results from last year, and since I'll be in Junior Sport, would a 6min run be a good goal to set?

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
mtnbkr4235 said:
Sounds sweet. So since its mostly fast stuff, would it be best to have my rebound set to be pretty slow to increase pedal efficiency? and run higher tire pressure then at angelfire, lol. Im obviously not a super-edumacated racer, haha. Angelfire was only my first dh race. Also, I looked at the results from last year, and since I'll be in Junior Sport, would a 6min run be a good goal to set?
Not necessarily.....If you set tire pressure to high than you'll be washing all over the place....as for pedal efficiency, if you want to increase it you should ditch that 12lb monster T.... ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
axlvid23 said:
Not necessarily.....If you set tire pressure to high than you'll be washing all over the place....as for pedal efficiency, if you want to increase it you should ditch that 12lb monster T.... ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Hahha, I know I know.... Maybe I'll hop on board with the 888 bandwagon. :p