Quantcast

KS Lev remote noodle?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone got one of these kicking around in the parts bin?

My lever is fine but the noodle got squashed in a crash last week. I'm not sure if I can adapt a brake noodle instead...

ksremote.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I might be able to get you one if you aren’t in a super hurry.

edit: $9.00 shipping included.
LMK if you have success some other way.
cant see why you couldn’t modify a standard noodle (wow, that sounds funny)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can't you just grab one from a set of old v-brakes?
I'm guessing its because the skinny end on the KS one is about the same diameter as shift housing, which slides into a hole on the lever. Other end is a barrel adjuster.

I might have one, but I haven't seen it floating around in my tool box for years...not sure where it is?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@rideit I might take you up on that offer, current one works but has some stiction. Replacement bars arrived yesterday, shifter is due tomorrow. I'll see if I can ease the resistance in the noodle when I swap everything over.

@slimshady I don't have one in spares

@canadmos correct, slim end goes into the trigger, fat end holds the shifter cable and ferrule and acts as a barrel adjuster to remove slack.

@Nick lev's have the cable barrel end at the trigger and it's then clamped at the seatpost end. Opposite to how most newer droopers work. Not sure if your trigger or other replacements can work that way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yes, it works, even better than having one 'fixed' end. I have my lev set up this way with a Wolftooth.
Do you just cut the cable stop off? I guess yeah it should work if both ends are clamped...

Apparently you could also reuse an old front trigger shifter, too..