Quantcast

KS LEV seatpost sticky

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Brand new, a few hours put into it, but right from the box it's been sticky.
I mean if I'm standing and press the lever, it won't move up. I have to weight the saddle as I press the lever then stand up.
This doesn't happen always, just if I haven't shifted it in the last 10 mins or so. Enough to be a nuisance.
It is pretty fluid when it's moving.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I mean if I'm standing and press the lever, it won't move up. I have to weight the saddle as I press the lever then stand up.
This doesn't happen always, just if I haven't shifted it in the last 10 mins or so. Enough to be a nuisance.
Try it now!

But in all seriousness, did you install the adjuster barrel? If so, take up a little more of the slack in the cable with it. I had a similar issue on my first ride, but after adding some tension to the cable, Bob became my uncle.

There was a little stiction on mine for the first couple of rides, but it's sooth as silk now.

Also! Make sure the little hook is facing outward under the little "KS" cover. I've read that is key. I did this at the same time as I did the tension adjustment, so it might have been a combination of both...

Now Try it now!

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
That is pretty normal when new. Give it a while to break in.

You can bump up the pressure if it doesn't go away. Also, did you measure the length of exposed cable when trimming? Use a caliper and get it exactly right.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Also! Make sure the little hook is facing outward under the little "KS" cover. I've read that is key.

Now Try it now!
Had a few brought into the shop where folks have installed the hook end of the cable the wrong way around.
"it was working and then I went to use it an nothing happened?"
Yup cos the hooked end can pop off inside the housing so the cables no longer attached.

The "stickyness" won't be caused by this but it's a must fix if you have it set up that way around.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, seems to always be the cable tension with mine. I didn't install the barrel adjust because everyone said that it was unnecessary so now I'm trying to adjust the position with the setscrew every third ride.