Thu October 6 USA TEMPE MARQUEE THEATRE
Fri October 7 USA LAS VEGAS HOUSE OF BLUES
Sat October 8 USA POMONA FOX THEATER

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
3/4 of Kyuss
Kyuss Lives is comprised of three members from the group's classic Blues for the Red Sun era (singer John Garcia, bassist Nick Oliveri, and drummer Brant Bjork), as well as guitarist Bruno Fevery filling in for Kyuss' co-founder, Josh Homme. Also announced are a quartet of shows in November, to take place in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil. **
And The Sword is opening.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It's too bad Homme isn't there, but Nick Oliveri and Brant Bjork playing as Kyuss again!?! That's worth seeing!
Stoked that you posted this, stevew. Thanks :)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
hollywood. gotta wait closer to game time to be certain.
Aight. Not a super convenient car pool for me since I'll be in Claremont, but if you want to go, I'm in. Let me know when we're closer.

Do you have my phone number? I forget. PM me if you want it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Made it there last night with HAB. It was so freaking empty when the doors opened, we wondered if anyone was going to be there.

We caught the end of The Shrine. A solid hesshy 3piece. Black Cobra was the next opener, and it was pretty obvious they had some money behind them, based on their banner and and gear. It was just two dudes and some backing tracks. The drummer's kick was thunderous.

Next up was The Sword. Good God! Those dudes stole the show. HAB and I just looked at each other with shock and awe in our eyes when they left the stage. They came on, played, and left. No banter, no posing, no tuning between songs, just a "thank you" at the end of their set. The mix was good, which helped show how tight they were. Hearing their riffs in person, at that volume, from the pit floor was epic.

Kyuss played a huge set for almost two hours. The crowd was packed when they took the stage, but thinned out considerably after all the encore material. They had some guests on stage that I didn't recognize, but the crowd went nuts for them, so I'm assuming they were former members or dudes from other desert-rock bands. The dummer was having a blast and was great to watch.

Not sure how many tour dates are left, but if you are thinking about it, you should do it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What mandown said. The Sword was epic. Super tight, sound was spot on, just came out, blew everyone's head off, said "thanks" and that was it. Stellar. Kyuss was solid as well, watching Brant on drums was great. Dude was clearly having more fun than anyone else in the building. Garcia's vocals were a little flat, but instrumentally they were on it. Scott Reeder played bass for a couple songs on the (45+ minute long) encore. Rad.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also, on the way home at 2am, 4 cop cars come FLYING onto the 10 in row, weave through traffic, and quickly blocked the whole freeway off about 4 cars in front of me. They then casually got out of their cars, chatted with each other for a bit, waited about half an hour, while more cops showed up, didn't really do anything, then left. No sign of anything actually going on. Super WTF.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Made it there last night with HAB. It was so freaking empty when the doors opened, we wondered if anyone was going to be there.

We caught the end of The Shrine. A solid hesshy 3piece. Black Cobra was the next opener, and it was pretty obvious they had some money behind them, based on their banner and and gear. It was just two dudes and some backing tracks. The drummer's kick was thunderous.

Next up was The Sword. Good God! Those dudes stole the show. HAB and I just looked at each other with shock and awe in our eyes when they left the stage. They came on, played, and left. No banter, no posing, no tuning between songs, just a "thank you" at the end of their set. The mix was good, which helped show how tight they were. Hearing their riffs in person, at that volume, from the pit floor was epic.

Kyuss played a huge set for almost two hours. The crowd was packed when they took the stage, but thinned out considerably after all the encore material. They had some guests on stage that I didn't recognize, but the crowd went nuts for them, so I'm assuming they were former members or dudes from other desert-rock bands. The dummer was having a blast and was great to watch.

Not sure how many tour dates are left, but if you are thinking about it, you should do it.
Good to hear, I'm going to meet some buddies in Portland and see them Monday. Perhaps even some bmx riding in portland if the weather cooperates! Stoked to see Kyuss live and the sword again. you are right, they are very good live! Also stoked because Yob, a band a couple of my high school buddies are in is opening.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Met him a few times at their old practice pad, but I don't know him well. Travis and I used to ride bmx together and Aarons been a friend for a while.
Yob does rule, and they put on a great live show- I was so happy when they reunited!