Quantcast

LA area: anyone riding?

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
I'd like to hit up Wilson, I know you all just rode there last weekend though. I could do something early Saturday, before the HEAT.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Myself plus two will be rideing Wilson on saturday, the JPL run to be specific, we will be doing a shuttle to the top of the run around 6:00 a.m.. More riders welcome but must have own transportation for the shuttle (2 cars) with way to carry bikes our 2 cars will be full.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
markskee said:
Myself plus two will be rideing Wilson on saturday, the JPL run to be specific, we will be doing a shuttle to the top of the run around 6:00 a.m.. More riders welcome but must have own transportation for the shuttle (2 cars) with way to carry bikes our 2 cars will be full.
I've gotta truck, can take 4 or 5 bikes, 2 people sit fine, 3 is cramped inside. You gonna be at the JPL parking lot at 6am?

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Yes we live near the 5 and 605 frwy and will be loading up at 5:30 a.m. and heading out should be at parking lot around 6:00 a.m. we will have a blue Rocky Mountain RMX, black Schwinn Straight 8 and orange Kona Stinky.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
bfranke said:
I've gotta truck, can take 4 or 5 bikes, 2 people sit fine, 3 is cramped inside. You gonna be at the JPL parking lot at 6am?
i can only ride at 6am b/c im giong to san diego at 11am. brian wanna meet?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Anybody got plans for Sunday afternoon? If nothing special's going on I'll probably be at the Whoops. Its gonna be hot so I'll probably head up around 4 or 5.
Anybody else gonna be there? fiddy_rider? dv8cam? Beuller?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
im out this weekend, heading up to nor cal to see family,, its gonna a be a scorcher this weekend so im kinda glad i wont be riding. should be a few a folks on the whoops sunday again. last week had anywhere from 6-10 people hittin alot of stuff, even 2 chicks!

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
markskee said:
Yes we live near the 5 and 605 frwy and will be loading up at 5:30 a.m. and heading out should be at parking lot around 6:00 a.m. we will have a blue Rocky Mountain RMX, black Schwinn Straight 8 and orange Kona Stinky.
ill be there at 6am also w/ branke. i have a raw chumba f4 and he has a black dhr

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
if the weathers stays like this ill be out at kenter round 3-4 til dark..
Weather was awesome today, I rode the Westridge fireroad up to Mulholland and the singletrack back. Clouds kept me nice and cool the whole time :thumb:

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
tgreathead said:
Weather was awesome today, I rode the Westridge fireroad up to Mulholland and the singletrack back. Clouds kept me nice and cool the whole time :thumb:
i know.. wish i didnt have work :nopity: hell if its nice and cool i might be out there early. im havin a blast out there, its all coming back to me. i got the 3 dubs by the tent down, 2 up top before the wall. hopefully this weekend ill have the rhythym section at the bottom cleared :D

MTNDREW

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
SoCali
i really want to ride wilson again. i just talked to david and he said he also wanted to. im up for either sat or sunday, but around 9ish is better for me cause of the drive.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
fiddy_ryder said:
i know.. wish i didnt have work :nopity: hell if its nice and cool i might be out there early. im havin a blast out there, its all coming back to me. i got the 3 dubs by the tent down, 2 up top before the wall. hopefully this weekend ill have the rhythym section at the bottom cleared :D
I still work, but at night. It sucks in almost every aspect except that I can ride during the day which pretty much makes up for it :D

Damn, it is all coming back for you. I still have yet to hit any of them. I don't want to get hurt before my first trip to Mammoth so I've just been training so I can ride all weekend and not get tired. After Mammoth all bets are off. I'll throw on the Pressure Suit that hasn't seen much action, velcro the hip pads in my shorts, tuck my skirt in and boost it :thumb: