Quantcast

LA area urban scene?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Any ill urban spots round LA? im thinkin UCLA and downton looks good.. anyone got any? d-towns sketchy at night though, gotta roll a few deep..

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
fiddy_ryder said:
Any ill urban spots round LA? im thinkin UCLA and downton looks good.. anyone got any? d-towns sketchy at night though, gotta roll a few deep..
Los Angeles has a great urban scene--some of the best spots in the country. The problem, however, is that you'll likely get a ticket by the cops. UCLA has some great riding, but the UCLA security guards will be all over you...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
By the La Brea tar pits, there is some cool stuff. I think there is a lot of security there.

Pasadena City College has cool stuff. As does USC. I was skating at usc, and not once was told to stop.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
for all these places, you just gotta be on your toes and split quickly if you do meet the one security guard who has a bug up his ass. it's the same anywhere since, at least technically speaking, we're doing illegal stuff everytime we leave the bike lane, run a stopsign, or make a turn without signaling.

they are laws that bikers obey precisely never, but if an authority figure really wants to be a dick, they can always get you on something. same thing goes in a car i suppose. saw a guy getting patted down last night for riding a bike while brown. it was pretty revolting to see the pigs in action like that.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
ucla has some killer spots so does pierce college in the valley as well as csun.. a few good wall rides here to but i here ucla and downtown are where its at for street...works out to im about to pick up a new street rig...

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
UCLA has some interesting stuff, I would offer to show you around but I dont have my bike up here. I rode a bit last year and was never hassled by security, though I know one of my friends has been.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Nag.. the ToP came in friday.. maiden voyage was sunday.. man its a world of a diff jumping the little bike compared to the full squisher. i was boosting with less speed and still landing flat out at K.

AN6,, let me know when you get the sled done and lets hit up UCLA, id roll solo, but knowing me ill get tossed in the clink for being a a$$ to security. :D Im planning to hit up your spot soon. WCH said hes ready to throw dirt and get it crackin...

bj,, get yer bike bro!! time to hit the urb scene and ill take you out to the whoops..

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
You gotta bring it up to Tampa when it dries out. perfect for a single hardtail.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
tampa???? who knows about tampa??? hey fiddy are there other out there that ahve been to the spot?? i wonder.. i havent been there in a while . how is the tampa spot. anyone kill my road gap yet or my drop... i know everytime i go there the freakin kiddies change something i built..

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
redical(alejandro) i think stumbled across it,, I think wch has been out there throwin dirt... I havent been since we were out there.. maybe this weekend though, you plannin go out there soon?

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
nice na havent been out in a while this weekend cant make it i think i will finnally beable to roll out and ride finnally next weekend.
i'll give wch a call and see what is going down...
maybe we can get a descent crew out three next week...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
next weekend sounds good.. id like to get it planned so we can get a few guys out there.. holler at wch and see what he says.. i can pick up a couple of shovels too..

hell we get 4 guys out there we could get 2 good size hits done in one afternoon.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
oh yeah we have hit the raod gap a few time s already ... glad to hear about the new line.. i will i wonder if that shovel and rake and 2 bukets i left are still there???
lol

j77

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
fiddy_ryder said:
Any ill urban spots round LA? im thinkin UCLA and downton looks good... ..
Downtown has it goin on. 4 or 5 good spots to session around City Hall. The whole Civic Center Plaza from the Music Center down to the Courthouse is ledges, double sets and gaps galore. A few nice spots near Staples and the Convention Center. An insane wall ride ON the Disney Concert Hall near the box office. Lots of short, cutty trails and obstacles in Elysian park, just east of Chinatown also.

Plus its a lot easier to find a beer in the city than it is on the trail.:cool:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hancock park has some nice banked lawns that you can use as hip jumps. i don't think the owners like them used that way, but i have yet to be caught.