Quantcast

LA noob looking for trails

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
I just moved to Burbank for a few months and would really appreciate someone willing to give me tour of local trails. My weekend is free, so PM me if your feeling charitable. I'm from Washington and am used to downhill/freeride/xc. Whistler and North Shore Vancouver are my favorite spots.

I can haul 2-3 bikes if you like to carpool.

I've been riding the NW corner of Griffith Mountain, which sucks. Not to mention, the dozens of environmental laws I'm likely breaking by riding down the burnt slopes and loose dirt/ash.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I just moved to Burbank for a few months and would really appreciate someone willing to give me tour of local trails. My weekend is free, so PM me if your feeling charitable. I'm from Washington and am used to downhill/freeride/xc. Whistler and North Shore Vancouver are my favorite spots.

I can haul 2-3 bikes if you like to carpool.

I've been riding the NW corner of Griffith Mountain, which sucks. Not to mention, the dozens of environmental laws I'm likely breaking by riding down the burnt slopes and loose dirt/ash.
Welcome to SoCal. :cheers:
Its hot, dusty and loose......get used to it:busted:
If you ever end up in the Santa Barbara area I can show you some stuff.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm in to show you around. i'll be out of town next weekend and i'm doing a new ride this weekend that i know nothing about. i'll touch base when i return!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
what he said........mandown and i ride with a crew just about every sat usually within an hour or so of burbank. for the next two weeks i'll be in mammoth, but after that....game on!
I often ride w/ these yokels on the Saturdays that overtheedge speaks of. Keep your eye on the XC ride/DH style post, we usually coordinate through there.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking the forums, and hopefully we'll get a chance to ride soon.

overtheedge, I tried to PM you, but Ridemonkey says you're over your storage limit and can't receive any more messages.

I rode Topanga Canyon two weekends ago for about 3.5 hours looking for some single track and came up with nada. Almost didn't make it back to my truck I was so exhausted. Spent the whole day on fireroads. I shoulda brought my little bike down here instead of the Knolly.