Quantcast

**Labor Day GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Well.....not that I'm really excited about sitting in front of a computer screen on what is normally supposed to be a vacation day, but it is what it is---and I'm pretty low on the totem pole--so it's off to work I go.....:huh:

I was able, through my superhero-like powers of coersion, to talk some of the other employees into coming in today as well to try and get some work done to match some crazy-assed deadline that's been thrown out to us. I'm kicking off the early morning shift, and am going to break out of here and take a break to go ride for awhile around noon---and then it's back here again to keep an eye on the night shift till midnight. If all goes well, and everyone shows up, I'll look pretty good......if not, well......you can imagine. :banghead:

Mother Nature has decided to throw the South a bone and we're getting treated to some beautiful weather---I spent several hours riding around in the woods yesterday and it was one of the best rides I've had in months. It's amazing what the absence of opressive heat and dehydration will do for your skill set....:brows:

Hope ya'll have a good day today!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We got back from our NC trip yesterday. I am thinking about putting up a ride report, but I am feeling lazy right now...sitting here drinking my coffee in my PJ's.

MBC is still sleeping...the bum. :rolleyes:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Went for a 2.5 hour SS ride yesterday (Tyler Mill, if any of you CT monkeys know it...nice place). I'm pretty beat. I don't know if a serious ride is in order for me. I might just pack a lunch and some books/work and ride around for a bit. Gotta pick classes etc. today.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
J - you gotta keep us in mind when you go for these rides. ;)
Yeah, I should start doing that. :) Classes start wed., but I should have some free time still. I forgot to go to North Haven Bike on Saturday to go pick up the wheel for my Prophet and they're closed Sun and Mon (doh!).

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Got back from the Whiteface 5K DH race last night...need...more...advil....Ended up lucking into 2nd place in 40+ expert at 10:53(!) despite deadstopping, sliding out, walking one section, running one section and falling several times. I would never bad mouth a dry course, but it was DRY: 6 inches of talc-like powder dust in the hardest, boulder strewn sections and on all the steep rock faces. The dryness made erosion a big thing, as rock squeezes got narrower by way of the dirt being removed between them. We had a ton of fun, and Ewan came up with me to the podium! At last fireroad sprint I hauled but by the finish I felt like my lungs were collapsing. I am still blowing black snots from the dust.

I return to work tomorrow after my 7 week paternity leave - feel like a kid going back to school again...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin

I get to drive up to Philly for work today from Richmond VA. Got a job there tomorrow morning, then keep going to Harford CT. Then I get to drive the 8 hours back. WHEEE!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morn all. I was on a road trip last week. Lots of driving, but it was pretty fun.
Mon: Jiminy Peak. It was only the little lift but was still fun.
Tues: Killington. Nice to have more elevation to work with, but way too much of it is lost in the open. I wanted more in the woods stuff, like trail 31.
Wed: Whiteface. Had not been there for like 3 years. Nice long runs. Did a couple of thing that weren't there my last time up ( drop on the side of the race course trail, freeride trail w/ the teeter thing ).
Thurs: More Whiteface till about 3:00 when weather stopped the lift.
Fri: Was going to hit Attitash on the way home, but got rained out.

This weekend has been busy. Catching up on yard work, and the IMBA trail crew is here at the local trails. Worked w/ a big group yesterday on trail.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morn all. I was on a road trip last week. Lots of driving, but it was pretty fun.
Mon: Jiminy Peak. It was only the little lift but was still fun.
Tues: Killington. Nice to have more elevation to work with, but way too much of it is lost in the open. I wanted more in the woods stuff, like trail 31.
Wed: Whiteface. Had not been there for like 3 years. Nice long runs. Did a couple of thing that weren't there my last time up ( drop on the side of the race course trail, freeride trail w/ the teeter thing ).
Thurs: More Whiteface till about 3:00 when weather stopped the lift.
Fri: Was going to hit Attitash on the way home, but got rained out.

This weekend has been busy. Catching up on yard work, and the IMBA trail crew is here at the local trails. Worked w/ a big group yesterday on trail.
Too bad I missed you - was at Whiteface Tuesday. And nice Dead Boys signature!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
'Morning. We got back from our NC trip yesterday. I am thinking about putting up a ride report, but I am feeling lazy right now...sitting here drinking my coffee in my PJ's.

MBC is still sleeping...the bum. :rolleyes:
Damn - my wife's still sleeping too. It's almost 10:00 for cryin' out loud. :think:

Had a good ride with DRB and crew yesterday. Actually I should say that he and his crew had a good ride. I was coming off a month of no riding coupled with some sort of exotic viral bull$hit my kids brought home from school. :dead:

It was good meeting the King of Friday even though it wasn't Friday.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Too bad I missed you - was at Whiteface Tuesday. And nice Dead Boys signature!
Sounds like the race was brutal. Were there many people there Tues? Wed there weren't too many, but Thurs seemed like all the fast racer types started showing up to practice.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Sounds like the race was brutal. Were there many people there Tues? Wed there weren't too many, but Thurs seemed like all the fast racer types started showing up to practice.
Not many there on Tuesday - it was fun to ride then, but riding it somewhat faster on Sat with more dust was quite a bit sketchy!