Quantcast

***Labor Day GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
morning.

We did out fantasy football draft last night. My head hurts from all the beer and booze although my team isn't looking too bad this year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode my mountainbike 100 miles yesterday. It was the toughest day I have ever had on a bike. Missed my goal by 30 minutes but considering the wet and sloppy conditions I am pretty happy with it. It is going to be a lazy day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just joined this site, but, it seems to be a complete replica of MTBR.com?
Not so much. This was initially created in 2000 as a revolt to the stupidity and inane nature of MTBR. For the most part, folks here tend to be a bit nicer, and we have quite a few more pro's and industry insiders on the forum. With that you tend to get better, more useful conversation.

Also, MTBR switched to this forum format after RM. But at this point, the formatting is template across every forum.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not so much. This was initially created in 2000 as a revolt to the stupidity and inane nature of MTBR. For the most part, folks here tend to be a bit nicer, and we have quite a few more pro's and industry insiders on the forum. With that you tend to get better, more useful conversation.

Also, MTBR switched to this forum format after RM. But at this point, the formatting is template across every forum.
What's a good tire for the Front Range and where should I live in Denver? Also, how do you feel about shuttling Apex?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, just got home, morning of fly fishing, no catching today though, although did have an up close look at a black bear, probably twenty feet away, maybe a two year old... Cool morning

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Eric your just mad cause i am a five minute walk from the galatin river, and i work five minutes from cherry creek, the madison is a fourty five minure drive, and yellowatone is a half hour, and the fiance's family has three hundred ish acres with the shields river running through it

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Definitely fulfilled the labor part of Labor day. Hauled 149 bales, or 29,800 lbs, of hops from a hop ranch into the warehouse. Did it in an 85' Freightliner cab over. I love driving that truck. Tonight I am going to clean up some bike parts so I can move em down the road. Hoping to get a pile of cash that will turn into a Blur TR.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Eric your just mad cause i am a five minute walk from the galatin river, and i work five minutes from cherry creek, the madison is a fourty five minure drive, and yellowatone is a half hour, and the fiance's family has three hundred ish acres with the shields river running through it
I lived fishing the Bighole and the Madison when I was up there

Loading up my gear to go Fishing the next two weekends in the Sierras

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just joined this site, but, it seems to be a complete replica of MTBR.com?
Last time I was on MTBR I got negative rep by a admin for suggesting a lower BB could be preferable. The DH forum may have its share of stupidity sometimes but not anything near that level of douchebaggery.

After a week with low energy and early bedtimes with either a cold or allergies I finally got back on the bike today. My pulse was getting really high at the end but felt really good to get out and ride again. Good entertainment from the West Indian Day Parade too right next to the park. Spontaneous booty shaking on the tarmac I guess if the grove is right you gotta shake.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I baked 12 loaves of bread today. 2 x 6 on the bare deck. And 7 Caraway and Salt rolls. The Oven gets used to roast Beef and Chicken regularly. The fat soaks into the bricks and imparts a flavor to the breads cooked in it. Greek Olive Oil and Black Pepper ftw...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What did you think of that place?
I love the Colorado Trail, and having that techy rocky trail in the midst of it all is amazing. (IMHO)
Best part of Buff Crik, IMO. Sadly, today I was thoroughly WHACKED by the time we got up there... so was a little dip$hitty on that section.

Tramway, however, kicks a$$. I'm not sure how I've ridden Buff Crik as much as I have and missed out on Tramway. :confused:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
What did you think of that place?
I love the Colorado Trail, and having that techy rocky trail in the midst of it all is amazing. (IMHO)
With the exception of Black Jack (I think) I had a great time. Everything else made for a pretty good ride. I even enjoyed the climbs. Fantastic ride overall.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A biker bar? I am sure it was a contest of wit and intellect.
Standard pick-name-out-of-a-hat raffle. She won a Wii at work not to long ago too. Some people just have that kind of luck (not me).

It was pretty funny/ironic that her brother and I were both there (both play guitar, in the same band in high school as a matter of fact), and she's the one that wins. It was cool.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
To be fair - there are a few decent lines on BJ... but most of that $hit is dangerous, IMO - especially the landing/runouts.

I still like it. :D
Right on. Most of those moves were very high consequence. Some of the bigger lines were comparable to a lot of the stuff in Lynn Woods, but those were the lines I never had the cajones to ride. :D