Quantcast

***Labor day GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I will celebrate this labor day by going into work. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've not worked a labor day in 15 years. To top it off, I'm sure were flying a holiday schedule so airplanes will be coming in extra early today. :disgust:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Slept like shit. Weird dreams plus that scalp wound I sustained yesterday is more painful in this or that position.

Soon it will be time to sit in Labor Day traffic.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Gonna do some work in the yard and buff out the back yard pump track since we got some rain. May sneak off to ride real trails if babies allow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Buddy talked me out of riding the trail bike at the DH hill. Sad. So, instead I'm going to take him on a killer tour of some other hills.

What goes up must come down...:brows:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Moderate volume but good speed on the drive back (wife driving—I'm not driving and posting). Approve.

On the downside my near-17 month old and 3.5 year old have reached the "she's touching/kicking/whatevering me!" phase. I will separate them physically before October in Aspen.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Slept like a man full of wine and sleeping pills. Fixing breakfast and thinking about a dumb larger ride this morning before it gets hot.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no work today, slept in, fed the dogs, consuming coffee and trying to decide where to go ride. there was a glitch in my go pro software so I upgraded and finally I can add mucic to my lame ass videos

I do like the ramones ( even these covers)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
upon researching my older brother found out for the price of doing the timing chains in his audi he can swap in a V8....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took the boys hiking this morning. Leaves are starting to turn. Trails are starting to get crowded.

Just doing homework and chillin now. Beer can chicken for dinner tonight...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took some folks from out of town for a ride. I got lost. Nobody was the wiser. We climbed a few more hills than necessary Beer and Burgers at the end... Bacon, Cheddar, Fried Onions and Hot Pepper Jam from Oregon. Fucking delicious!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great ride today. It might have kicked the ass of the two dudes that tagged along.

Got the broken shock bolt out of the Turner frame with no issues. Should be able to find a replacement tomorrow and be good to go for more DH on Friday. Might have to shim the bolt with a beer can sliver. Beer shims?!

Time for a whole lot of pineapple, beer and maybe some pizza. Also going to watch the last World Cup race; have been avoiding all bike sites so as not to spoil it (though @slyfink pretty much gave it away on Saturday :busted: (not that that result wasn't expected (I'm assuming here))).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Super meh day here in the grasslands of nowhere. 55 degrees and raining for most of the day. I decided to go to work and bank a holiday for use when the sun is out. Took the roadie out for a spin to keep the legs loose.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I just devoured a giant steak with roasted potatoes. Great cap to the day.

edit: and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Lezyne floor pump with space age digital gauge. Any reason to not to this thing?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Much gear returned to REI. My account must be flagged somewhere. :D The commuter bike replacement hunt begins anew.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
between work, wife's travel, and family crap, next few months look like LE SUCK. hopefully i'll be able to squeeze in some rides so that i don't totally lose my chit. last ride was 8/21. can maybe get in a local on fri and a mtns on sunday. that'd be good.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, back from the Bike Festival. (Wydaho Rendezvous).
Got to ride a ton of bikes EXCEPT the one that I really wanted to (the Slayer). I guess the rear ends were 'pre-production, so only rideable by shop buyers and such...the GG was great, slack, stable and mean, but a little heavy. The Slayer looked incredible, and was very light.
Liked the DeVinci Spartan, and the new Giant Reign was pretty nice too for a trail bike type platform. Lots of great bikes I didn't get to ride there too...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In my case the Giggle Pig is a 6" travel bike that can be a bitch to pedal up hill but is worth it due to the grin factor on the way back down. JBP's giggle pig may be different. Also a street name for ecstasy.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
(though @slyfink pretty much gave it away on Saturday :busted: (not that that result wasn't expected (I'm assuming here))).
sorry 'bout that. I thought every one knew to stay away from teh monkey until the race was watched...

I just devoured a giant steak with roasted potatoes. Great cap to the day.

edit: and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Lezyne floor pump with space age digital gauge. Any reason to not to this thing?
well, I bought one of their chucks, and while works well while it lasts, mine grenaded after about a month of use. I can still use it, but only with presta valves...
Much gear returned to REI. My account must be flagged somewhere. :D The commuter bike replacement hunt begins anew.
I had this happen once at our Canadian version of REI. [TLDR warning ahead, my jacket saga follows] I bought one of their branded gore-tex jackets, and the zippers in the pit zips kept coming apart. After returning the jacket a third time over the course of 4 years, the guy at the return counter said that I'd gotten good use from the jacket even if I had to return it three times, and that maybe he should reimburse me not the full amount, but take into account the use I got from it. I was still in university at the time, not flush with cash, and staring at the prospect of not being able to afford a jacket to overwinter in Canada... so I stuck to my guns and said it was unacceptable to sell what was evidently a poorly designed jacket, and they should compensate me for the three times I had to bring it in because of shoddy design. He said "fine, but I'm flagging your account, and any returns you try and make will be closely scrutinized"... to which I responded "whatever". That was like 20 years ago, and I never heard anything about a flag on my account afterwards, but I was pretty pleased with myself. Anyways, I took the refund and went and bought a Marmot jacket on sale at another store. Which delaminated a year later. My buddy was manager at the shop I bought it from so he got me a store credit, and I bought a Patagonia jacket that was on sale. It delaminated a couple of years later, and Patagonia replaced it. I still have that jacket, but barely use it anymore. I find the whole "one jacket to do everything" mantra doesn't really hold true... horses for courses I say!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In my case the Giggle Pig is a 6" travel bike that can be a bitch to pedal up hill but is worth it due to the grin factor on the way back down. JBP's giggle pig may be different. Also a street name for ecstasy.
Extract makes sense and would explain JBP's problem with dry mouth.