Quantcast

Labor day weekend

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If its a deluge I am skipping out. Getting tired of being busted up in the mud. However, I won't be there til Sunday.

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
hi
does any one mind giving me a ride down there if you are making it a day trip (i can be picked up early at any metro stop in N. V.A.) I want to get some downhill practice in. sorry just figured i'd give er a try(I know its a long shot-but I can pay in food)
nate

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Right now the area is under a flash flood warning, not good news for the riding bunch.

do we think it drains off pretty well, or is it going to be surf and turf up there? Much as I like riding in the mud, I am in no mood to change tires and all of that.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If the rain down here at the beach is any indication, its going to be one soggy SOB this weekend up there. I think this member of the VB crew is out for the weekend.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Yeah I'm out for this weekend. It isn't looking good.

I'm gonna be heading up next weekend saturday sunday and moonday, anyone else gonna join ?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Yeah I'm out for this weekend. It isn't looking good.

I'm gonna be heading up next weekend saturday sunday and moonday, anyone else gonna join ?

Just a note: Lifts only run on Saturdays in Sept and Oct (excluding this coming holiday weekend). No more lifts after Oct.

debo

Chimp
Jun 26, 2006
Right now the area is under a flash flood warning, not good news for the riding bunch.

do we think it drains off pretty well, or is it going to be surf and turf up there? Much as I like riding in the mud, I am in no mood to change tires and all of that.

you're sponsors want you up there. they don't want you crying about mud. you're sponsors give you tires to change and use and all that.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I just got an email from my brother in law, he and his wife want to go up this weekend. I was sort of hoping not to go because of labor day weekend traffic and weather but now I might end up there anyway due to family obligations. Weather for Charlottesville has it clearing up by Saturday but it looks like a deluge between now and then.

So anyway if any of you Richmonkies / Charlottevillans want to play it by ear and think they might show up Saturday or Sunday, let me know via this post or PM. Thanks.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
you're sponsors want you up there. they don't want you crying about mud. you're sponsors give you tires to change and use and all that.
Do I know you? I promise you if I did that you wouldn't be running your mouth.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
All I know is that its raining hard here at the beach, and we're not even directly on the path of this thing. We're supposed to get ten inches out of this thing, which in and of its self is going to keep me here moving things from my garage up stairs.

One of these years i am goign to get smart and move the hell out of hurricane country.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Well the weather has changed for the better, it looks like it stopped raining around 6 this morning and has all day to dry up for tomorrow. Should be okay I hope.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
today was a good day to run errands and get stuff done around the apt. :banghead:

tomorrow, a few of us will be hitting up the shed and then off for a day trip to diablo on monday!
:cheers:

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I'll be riding at WG Sun too! More than likely be on a solo mission. I haven't been there all year; Is the lift fixed or what?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Today was a freakin blast. Hit my shoulder on a tree earlier in the day, and other than that just a couple of bails with no carnage. I met up with jake and we did a couple runs until his dampening rod decided to break. Trail conditions were pretty good, some of the wood stuff was pretty slick as well as the rock.