Quantcast

Lake Roesiger Forest for Park

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20110514/NEWS01/705149944

How many bikers can we get to jump on the bandwagon to try for some bike trails here? It's fresh right now, so let's jump on it!

:weee:

Published: Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forest near Lake Roesiger eyed for large park
The land was once planned for a development, but it could now become space for timberland and recreation.
By Noah Haglund, Herald Writer
advertisement | your ad here
"LAKE ROESIGER -- Forestland where a developer once envisioned thousands of homes and an 18-hole golf course could become one of the area's largest regional parks.

Snohomish County and the state Department of Natural Resources are looking to buy nearly 3,000 acres. The land west of Lake Roesiger is where developer Dave Barnett sought to build a planned development called Falcon Ridge, until the county changed zoning rules nearly two years ago.

Now the state and the county are considering a proposal under which most of that area would be managed as state timberlands. The county would own smaller pieces for parking and camping. People would be able to access the state lands for recreation except during timber harvests every few decades. The harvests would benefit local governments."

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
There's a variety--lots of potential for basically everything from jump lines to xc trails. From the map on google maps it looks like the lake is at 600 ft and the top of the hill is just above 1000. It's a great area with significant potential for gnar!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
There are already some moto trails out there. Parts of the roads shown have been blocked with water bars cut in to them with a backhoe.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
You going to be building some freeride trails? I'd be interested in helping out.
I'm hoping we could get some official word that we can do this and keep the trails. I e-mailed IMBA and Evergreen but never heard back... I'll post any updates I get though, for sure!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
PS, I remember back in the day, if you posted something first thing in the morning, you were lucky if it was still on the first page later that evening.
This place has died?!?
This thread is slower... the Lounge is pretty busy...

I still haven't heard from Evergreen or IMBA. I just want to be able to go ride out there! Next time we head to the lake I'll post here and we'll bring our bikes.