Quantcast

Lamborghini Murciélago - A dream becomes a nightmare -

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, I guess I need to cancel my order now!

<edit> Man, I would never have guessed that driving at 220 km/h would be dangerous.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So if I read this right, he has been participating in motorsports for over 5 years, and thus is incapable of making mistakes while driving.

The guy crashed his car, that sucks. But rusty screws on the engine cover don't meen that the brake disk blew-up, and caused a crash.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Yeah - rusty bolts holding the carbon fiber on his engine! That's a good one... or the loose hoses caused it to turn!

The car just did a 90 degree turn on it's own at 220 kph - I'd like to see that. What a jackass. I hope for the sake of everyone on the road he stops driving.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
rooftest said:
Yeah - rusty bolts holding the carbon fiber on his engine! That's a good one... or the loose hoses caused it to turn!

The car just did a 90 degree turn on it's own at 220 kph - I'd like to see that. What a jackass. I hope for the sake of everyone on the road he stops driving.

The green Lambo just went right on the "wet" road.

COVERED IN SNOW!!!!

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
atrokz said:
if you look at the skid marks its obviously not a "90 degree" turn.
the car can make the turn but inertia is going make the car continue straight.. thats why the streak is veering to the right..

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
So he had a bad brain injury yet he's certain that he remembers the car crashing itself?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
maxyedor said:
So if I read this right, he has been participating in motorsports for over 5 years, and thus is incapable of making mistakes while driving.

The guy crashed his car, that sucks. But rusty screws on the engine cover don't meen that the brake disk blew-up, and caused a crash.
Yep. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Reminds me of when Audi almost went out of business when former GM owners weren't used to the pedals and crashed, claiming the car accellerated when you hit the brakes.

Or the time when some dude hit a concrete wall going like 100mph in a Porsche, died, and his family sued.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bicyclist said:
Reminds me of when Audi almost went out of business when former GM owners weren't used to the pedals and crashed, claiming the car accellerated when you hit the brakes.
Forgot all about "Sudden Acceleration Syndrome" they never could explain or demonstrate what they thought was happening, but damn were they convinced that the brakes made the car accelerate. Oddly enough Audi is now owned by VW and so is Lambo. they seem to atract these retards.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
IF that brake rotor in the photo at the bottom of the page shattered pre-crash, my money is with equipment error. HOWEVER, who in their right mind takes a high performance car like that out for a high speed cruise without having a mechanic that they trust go over it with a fine tooth comb? It's a lambo for chrissake. The first owner prolly flogged the bujeezus out of the thing. If it was the discs letting go, I bet any decent wrench would've seen the cracks well in advance...

One way or the other, the guy comes off as a complete tool in both german and english. 100000 km drivig experience? BFD. Goon. 5 years racing experience? Hahaha. sorry, but i gotta say it: typical thick skulled german. "Ich habe recht!" (dont get me wrong, i love the germans, but they drive me nuts at times too).

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
maxyedor said:
Forgot all about "Sudden Acceleration Syndrome" they never could explain or demonstrate what they thought was happening, but damn were they convinced that the brakes made the car accelerate. Oddly enough Audi is now owned by VW and so is Lambo. they seem to atract these retards.
What actually happened is GM's pedal shape put the brake where the gas is in Audis, so in a panic former GM owners hit the gas while swearing it was the brake.