Quantcast

Lame cars of past and present remembrance thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
pt cruiser

ford festiva
Funny thing about the PT cruiser is that Chrysler built it trying to attract younger buyers to their brand, 20 somethings. It has almost exclusively been purchased by empty nested soccer moms, in other words the parents of the market they were trying to attract. Epic fail.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Funny thing about the PT cruiser is that Chrysler built it trying to attract younger buyers to their brand, 20 somethings. It has almost exclusively been purchased by empty nested soccer moms, in other words the parents of the market they were trying to attract. Epic fail.
PT's always remind me of Nazi staff cars...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, not only ugly but entirely pointless. A guy I went to school with got one for graduation and he thought it was AWESOME. Until we went through the drive through and you couldn't get a large drink through the window.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As pathetic and sad as those cars were it was responsible for saving chrysler. It was the only car my family could afford back in 1980 and managed to haul all 5 of us around the country on several family vacations. It is what has convinced me that people who say they need giant cars for their family of 3 or 4 or full of ****.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
A buddy of mine bought one of these brand new in 2000.

Today it sits in a field with sumac trees growing up through the hood.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
_______ edition anything. Especially the Harley Davidson edition Ford trucks.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
hah, the twingo! looks like some weird frog vehicle.

leave it to the french.
That's not a Twingo, its a Fiat Multipla. The Twingo is a tiny little frog looking thing:

I got a Multipla as a hire car once and drove it from Northern France to a Ski resort in Italy with 6 people. It was a superb vehicle for that purpose.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You obviously have no idea what cool is. That's a 455HO TA that would sell for around $30k. If it were a '72, it would be close to 6 figures.

<edit> 1976 only had 319 455HO TA's built, all with manual trans.
Just because something is valued by a gaggle of idiots does not make it cool. Or, in this case, not a piece of ****. Anyone spending that much on one of those without the intent to use it as a museum piece needs their head examined.