Quantcast

Lame work stuff

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
So my "boss" asked me yesturday to keep a detailed log of what I do every day this week. (Time started, task Quantitty, time finished) How lame is that I already work a job that requires me to cram 60 hours into 40, now I have to jump through more hoops. Anyone else have this happen? or insight from bosses?

Right now I am "sourcing product"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ugh. That kind of exercise often starts when they're looking for the slackers, to make headcount reductions.

:dead:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
at one point I had a boss like that.. it wasnt any fun so I feel your pain. but in situations like these you just have to roll wtih it , hopefully it will blow over. I wound up giving an "Extra" detailed report of my daily activities. Including full descriptions and time lengths of my bathroom breaks!!! :sneaky:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
don't feel bad, I know a lot of jobs that require the employees to fill out log's. I have to do it at my job.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
hooples3 said:
at one point I had a boss like that.. it wasnt any fun so I feel your pain. but in situations like these you just have to roll wtih it , hopefully it will blow over. I wound up giving an "Extra" detailed report of my daily activities. Including full descriptions and time lengths of my bathroom breaks!!! :sneaky:
I think I might attach pics for him :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Put down for 2 hours a day

"Accounting for the other 6 hours"

Or something less sarcastic if you really want to point out the time waster.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The tried that with me once at Enterprise Rent-A-Car when I was in the corporate side. It quickly ended when all of their IT equipt started to take a dump and I was the only one that knew what a cisco switch looked like and could have a conversation with the off-site IT dept.

More than likely they are looking to document your slacking. If there are other people in your department doing your same job you better hope you are more productive.