Quantcast

Lance going for #7

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
firetoole said:
I keep thinking one of these days he will take a big spill and his cybornetic body will be exposed.....

That is good stuff

Hopefully he will help bring up a new young American rider. With all the hopefulls from last year having "issues" in the off season, it should be interesting to see who steps up.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i kinda wish he would go for something else....Giro, Vuelta, some other Classic. i have a feeling he won't be bringing home a 7th.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the Inbred said:
i kinda wish he would go for something else....Giro, Vuelta, some other Classic. i have a feeling he won't be bringing home a 7th.
I don't think Lance will be going to Italy any time soon. The moment enters the country he'd be arrested for that libel suit against him. Can't remember the name of the dude who is suing him. In theory if the French investigation stemming from that book released last year continues through the year he won't be able to compete in the tour either.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Meh. If he does not win, then who? Nobody has been a truly serious threat. It's always been a "well if Lance screws up and this guy has a really really good set of stages, he has a chance." My money is on the incumbent. He's a machine. I wish he would branch out and do some other big name races like the Vuelta and Giro or some Classics (since my favorite races to read about and watch are Roubaix and Flanders). Whatev. He's good in France and that's his only goal. It just works for him. It's not like he's the all-star super athlete of cycling. He does one race. Besides, anyone remember the foray into the MTB world?