Quantcast

Lance Interview RE: DOPE BABY

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
In an exclusive live television interview, seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong will appear on CNN's Larry King Live tonight at 9 p.m. (ET) with Larry King and Bob Costas. This is Armstrong's first television interview after recent allegations about performance-enhancing drugs.

A transcript and frame grabs will be available immediately following the interview upon request.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I feel bad for lance.. no matter what he says or does there are going to be people that will think he was doping.. and it will take credit away from him. its the people that dont know about cycing or him that will be the worst with their ignorance

Gusitar

Chimp
Sep 13, 2001
I remember a trial wherein a poison was suspected and the prosecution had a test created, sensitive enough, to detect it. They got a conviction and, in light of this test, bodies were exhumed to search for the evidence of the poison's byproduct to explain other suspected poisonings. They got more convictions - on test results - for murder. Long story short: A "Do-Gooder" objective scientist dug up some other bodies who were not murdered and tested them. Turns out, the chemical appeared as a natural byproduct of either decomposition or embalming. Anyway, point is, how pathetic, to dig through old and incomplete evidence and, then as an official, pretend it is irrefutable. Politicians spun by their own 'journalist' and latent disappointment in their own culture's lack of achievement in a national sport have created their own stench to reside in. I like their bread, wine, cheese, some of the reticence with their political motivations and, none of their smoke! :eviltongu

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It actually is a very scary thing to think about. I mean, how honest and ethical are the people conducting the tests. Everyone knows the French have been DIEING to create/find evidence that he is taking performance enhancing drugs. It will never stop, but at least he didn't create some lame twin story. He flat out says, "When I peed in that tube, the pee did not have EPO in it." Good interview.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Yeah, that just about says it. A sample that might ot might not be his, might or might not have been contaminated or spiked, tested with a test with no scientific validity, on a sample that's too old to be viable. And the lab no longer has the vials, or any proof the sample was even Armstrongs.

The story is a total fraud.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
the sad part is most people, specifically americans, are ignorant of the history behind lance vs france, and the whole concept of a, b samples, chain of
custody, etc so they'll take the story at face value

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Those A,B samples are very important. Several time atheletes have had A samples come back positive, but when the test was re-run using the B sample it was clean. The trace levels they are looking for make even the slightest cross-contamination or lab mistake significant.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Here is what I have to say to the sore loosers.....
*french accent*
I fart in your general direction!
:D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
all the euros claim he dopes, im working on a project with a couple germans right now and we got talking cycling...they insist he is doping, because what he does is "impossible", and that the drugs he takes they let him use because he had cancer...:rolleyes:

these are very smart well educated executives and they are borderline psychotic about it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
They are a bunch of publicity-hungry cowards. There is no way to confirm the test, no way for Lance to defend himself other than for him to do what he is doing: Continue to deny ever using dope. As if there was any doubt, L'Equipe has exposed itself as a gutter tabloid.

But I don't really "feel sorry" for Lance. I mean, let's keep it in perspective.

wardo

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
Chehalis, WA
So what if the French claim dope or not.

I don't believe it, and until I am convinced with other than the slanted efforts so far, will proudly state my admiration for Lance's SEVEN tour victories. Anyone who knows the French culture understands their snotty, stuck up attitude for anything non-French. Just look at the history books and see what a bunch of whiners they really are. Hell, they were euphoric about a French rider just wearing the yellow jersey last year, it's been so long. Bottom line is that other riders are working their asses off to win the Tour, which they feel they should win simply because it is the Tour de FRANCE.

I really hate to generalize, since I know some really cool people from France.
But just as the French and other Euros claim that Americans in general are unsophisticated aggressive war waging barbarians (and we know there exists a percent of the population that meets this description), we can generalize that they are a bunch of sore losers.

Or better yet, we can support Lance, proudly display the TEN yellow jerseys that Lance and Greg have accumulated over the past 20 years, and laugh our ass off if in the next year or so another American wins the Tour.

Wardo