Quantcast

Lance + Mountains = Woohoo!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Now Le Tour gets good! Up to now it's been interesting and fun to watch (many times painful with all the crashes), but now that they're beginning the moutain stages I am going to get up early and watch every morning from now until the 25th!

Who else is happy the Tour is finally getting going? :dancing: :D

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I don't think Lance is going to make a big move yet. I bet he's going to let the first mountain stages eat up the sprinters that have been holding the yellow so far and once he is closer to the lead time he'll make a big move.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morryjg said:
I don't think Lance is going to make a big move yet. I bet he's going to let the first mountain stages eat up the sprinters that have been holding the yellow so far and once he is closer to the lead time he'll make a big move.
I agree... though I don't think he's going to let Jan get a sense of confidence. I think it will be a chess game between the two of them for the first few mountain stages. They will race each other and let the mountains do in everyone else.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Sounds like he and Ullrich are pushing the pace up the Cat 1 climb. There is about 65km left in the stage...

I was just thinking I haven't seen you around in a bit. I thought maybe Stosh had his way with you and then went to Canada. Glad that didn't happen.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco-gringo said:
I was just thinking I haven't seen you around in a bit. I thought maybe Stosh had his way with you and then went to Canada. Glad that didn't happen.
GOD NO!!! I was on vacation in Wyoming... back now though trying ot get caught up on what I missed.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
jacksonpt said:
I agree... though I don't think he's going to let Jan get a sense of confidence. I think it will be a chess game between the two of them for the first few mountain stages. They will race each other and let the mountains do in everyone else.
Yep. I am just DYING in anticipation of THE moment- the one where Lance decides to pull out his coup-counting whuppin' stick, the crowd noise erupts in realization and the commentator's oh-so-proper voice inadvertantly jumps two octaves.