Lance: No Dope

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I guess Lance can't afford it...

Armstrong’s Testing Plan Ends Before it Begins
By JULIET MACUR

Nearly five months after Lance Armstrong announced with great fanfare that he was returning to cycling and would subject himself to a strict and transparent anti-doping program, that program has been abandoned without ever really beginning.

Don Catlin, the prominent anti-doping scientist who was supposed to run Armstrong’s program, said Wednesday that they had decided earlier in the day to part ways, without Catlin’s ever obtaining a single full blood and urine sample from Armstrong. The program was simply too complex and too costly to implement, Catlin said, and the decision to terminate the program was mutual.

“In the real world, when you try to implement a program as grandiose as what you had in mind, it just becomes so complicated that it’s better not to try,” Catlin said, adding that a contract with Armstrong had never been signed. “We’re all disappointed, but it’s just not going to be possible.”

Neither Armstrong nor Mark Higgins, Armstrong’s manager, immediately returned e-mail and phone messages Wednesday.

Armstrong is still subjected to testing by other anti-doping entities, like the International Cycling Union and the United States Anti-Doping Agency. His professional cycling team, Astana, also has an internal anti-doping program.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/sports/othersports/12cycling.htm

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That's too bad, although a lot of people (me included) didn't see the point behind having someone you hired and you paid to take blood samples and post them online.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's too bad, although a lot of people (me included) didn't see the point behind having someone you hired and you paid to take blood samples and post them online.
This isn't like Major League Baseball.

I trust Don Caitlin. Frankly, I doubt Lance at this point is on the dope, but it does look bad when you decide to be tested then you pull back.

Like you got something to hide.