Quantcast

Lance on Sirius

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The six-time Tour de France champion has penned a deal to host a weekly yet-to-be-titled radio show on satellite radio provider SIRIUS set to debut later this year. Armstrong will be one of handful of top athletes hosting their own program which will include a mix of music, interviews and call-ins from listeners.

"SIRIUS has already gathered an amazing group of sports heroes ... and I'm honored to be included among them," Armstrong said. "Each week, I'll share some of my experiences, speak with listeners, bring on special guests, and most importantly play some of my favorite music."

The radio channel will debut Armstrong on its so-called Faction program, which also features Tony Hawk's Demolition Radio, hosted by the legendary skateboarder; world champion surfer Kelly Slater's Radio KA-OS; Sixty Minute Set with Kerri Walsh, hosted by the Olympic Gold Medalist, and upcoming programs featuring Viva La Bam host Bam Margera and beach volleyball icon Sinjin Smith.

"Lance will bring his life's experiences, interests and lifestyle to the SIRIUS microphone every week," said Scott Greenstein, President of Entertainment and Sports, SIRIUS. "Lance also likes to have fun (and) he takes advantage of all that his hometown of Austin, Texas has to offer in the form of great music."

The commercial-free satellite radio features 65 music channels and 55 channels of sports, talk, weather and other topics for $12.95 per month.

I wonder if there will be a lot Sheryl Crow music.

J

JRB

My intelligence went way below normal just clicking on this. I'm glad XM is $10 and I went that route.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco-gringo said:
My intelligence went way below normal just clicking on this. I'm glad XM is $10 and I went that route.
What hardware do you have? I looked into getting it for my car and the choices seemed to be either replace my head unit or use an FM modulator, of which the sound quality has to suck nuts.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
What hardware do you have? I looked into getting it for my car and the choices seemed to be either replace my head unit or use an FM modulator, of which the sound quality has to suck nuts.
What kind of head unit? Does it have Aux. or CD changer inputs? I'm thinking of getting a PIE adapter for mine.

Scroll to the bottom: http://www.xmfanstore.com/

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BikeGeek said:
What kind of head unit? Does it have Aux. or CD changer inputs? I'm thinking of getting a PIE adapter for mine.

Scroll to the bottom: http://www.xmfanstore.com/
It is the stock built in 6 CD changer on my Subaru, so no aux inputs and no external CD interface. I want the system for driving, but half the time I am in a company or rental car. My best bet would be the walkman and a set of quality headphones, the only problem is the legality of driving with headphones in some states.

J

JRB

Westy said:

I just have a boom box inside, whatever they call it. I have the road kit for Julie's car that uses a tape with the brain from inside. I don't have a tape player so I have an FM modulator. It's not bad. I have it hard wired in and under the seat. 10 days after I did it, they released the one that comes with the Roady 2 that plugs into your lighter. It works pretty well. I have the roady 1. Just get a modulator for now. They are cheap and you can upgrade if you don't like it. Works plenty well for me.

J

JRB

Westy said:
It is the stock built in 6 CD changer on my Subaru, so no aux inputs and no external CD interface. I want the system for driving, but half the time I am in a company or rental car. My best bet would be the walkman and a set of quality headphones, the only problem is the legality of driving with headphones in some states.

Ryan and Susan use the plug in modulator in their baja with great success.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
It is the stock built in 6 CD changer on my Subaru, so no aux inputs and no external CD interface.
What year? I've read that certain changers for the 04 and 05 model years actually do have an aux input.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
the FM modulator is not as bad as you would think, I figured it would suck bad and planned on getting a head unit that was XM compatible later, well I eventually got an XM capable head unit in my Accord but started driving the minivan we just bought and use the SM in the van with the FM modulator (Go figure) anyhow XM through FM works decent enough. If you like the song enough buy it on CD....LOL