Quantcast

Lance to swim in food after Le Tour!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
I don't know if it was my computer mixing things up on Velonews, but this is what it said on my screen:

Racers (and writers) woke up with a tinge of a hang-over Monday following the big sigh of relief that comes at the end of the pressure-cooker that's the Tour de France.

Lance Armstrong and his Discovery Channel teammates were feted at a private bash inside the posh Ritz hotel Sunday night in Paris. Some 600 invited guests celebrated Armstrong's unprecedented seventh Tour victory.

Armstrong was scheduled to fly to the French Riviera on Monday to begin his life as a retired athlete.

"Monday morning I'm going to wake up in Paris Sheryl and I, my kids and some close friends are going to fly to the south of France, enjoy ourselves on beach, drink wine, eat a lot of good, swim in food and not worry about a thing," Armstrong said. "This job is stressful, this event is stressful. I'll get a week's preview of what my life will be like for the next 50 years without any stress."

Here's the link:
http://www.velonews.com/tour2005/news/articles/8613.0.html

That Lance Armstrong, he cracks me up! :devil:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
he's about to embark on the Asshat Lemond Training Program. you basically give up exercise eat all the time and criticize everyone on top of calling the dopers.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The Toninator said:
he's about to embark on the Asshat Lemond Training Program. you basically give up exercise eat all the time and criticize everyone on top of calling the dopers.
You forgot to add talking about how he would have won 10 tours if he did not get blasted in the ass by a shotgun.
Lemond Post Retirement = Giant Douche Baloon.