Quantcast

Lance's Discovery bike...

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I think hes been racing them for awhile i remember talking with someone about that subaru commercial he did riding XC an the guy eats **** over the bars into the water. Anyway they mentioned that he races XC quite a bit i think. Not sure how valid this is though now cause it was like a year or so ago i heard this.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I thought Discovery was the primary sponsor? Why is their logo smaller and only once compared to Trek?

I'll be glad when he retires just so everyone will stop buying those POS trek 1000s.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
LordOpie said:
I thought Discovery was the primary sponsor? Why is their logo smaller and only once compared to Trek?

I'll be glad when he retires just so everyone will stop buying those POS trek 1000s.
hey, that Trek 1000 was my first road bike..seeing as that was all I could afford..
but, here's a better shot of the frame and images..

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
He's shown up for a few Dirty Dus(Offroad duathlon) and some cyclocross races in these here parts.
There are pics in the BLORA office from the race he did there.

J

JRB

mack said:
I was told he was terrible at XC.
You were told wrong. He did pretty well on a technical XC course 15 miles from my house. He just goes so fast on a bike, he crashes a good bit. If you saw him dodge the wreck in the door, down the ditch, you would know he has some skills. I don't want to try to ride with him.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The person who told me beat him pretty bad at a XC race. He lives near my Dad in new hampsire, he used to be a pro cycle cross racer, but now he just runs a bike camp on the side. He hosts some local xc races.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The only NORBA national he raced he came in 6th 3:27 down to the winner in the cross country. In the short track he came in 4th. That was at Mt. Snow. So let me be terrible all day long.... The fact of the matter is that if Lance raced off road more often he would quickly make it into very long days for the rest of the field.

Your friend should take his "victory" over the 6 time TdF winner and pray Lance never comes looking for a rematch.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
About 3 years ago, he raced the Tour of the Rockies. It was on OLN, and whenever they had the camera on him, he crashed, but his still finished pretty high I think.

If I'm not mistaken, the track bike is for his attempt to break the hour record.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
sleepinggiant said:
About 3 years ago, he raced the Tour of the Rockies. It was on OLN, and whenever they had the camera on him, he crashed, but his still finished pretty high I think.
He dropped out after day 2 on the 32 mile point to point. He was a DNF :blah:

J

JRB

Awesome that some of you are more skilled on any kind of bike than Lance. I feel proud to post in the company of such bad asses.