Quantcast

lance's ex on oprah today

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
saw a local tv ad for that vile oprah show.
seems lance's ex-wife is going to tell us all about the real reason for the divorce.

like anybody gives a rats @$$ about what she has to say.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm curious, although the way the build-up, "The Real Reason Why Lance And Kristin Got Divorced!!!!", is going, I bet the real reason is no so dramatic, "Lance got real famous, and we grew apart..."

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Not that I'll be watching (or even checking back later to see), but I'd rather hear her talk than that piece of sh!t, one nut, ass clown.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ridemonkey said:
You do clearly or you wouldn't have posted it here :p
not at all.
it just never ceases to amaze me that people just can't take the hits that life deals you and move on.
i'm sure her standard of living is much higher for having been married to him, than if she'd have married someone else.
and he probably pays her way more than the minimum child support that the courts deem proper.
i doubt she's in need of anything financially.

so if indeed this turns into a tell all expose' of his personal and PRIVATE life.
will it make his racing career any less stellar, or his work with the american cancer society any less important ?
or make those that have admired his accomplishments over the years, think any less of him ?

she won't be saying anything that we really need to hear.
nobodies perfect.
least of all her.

trust me head monkey, i won't be watching.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dhbuilder said:
not at all.
it just never ceases to amaze me that people just can't take the hits that life deals you and move on.
i'm sure her standard of living is much higher for having been married to him, than if she'd have married someone else.
and he probably pays her way more than the minimum child support that the courts deem proper.

so if indeed this turns into a tell all expose' of his personal and PRIVATE life.
will it make his racing career any less stellar, or his work with the american cancer society any less important ?
or make those that have admired his accomplishments over the years, think any less of him ?

nobodies perfect.
least of all her.

You sure do sound interested, though. I'll bet you watch and then deny you ever watched. :oink:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sounds like yet another reason not to watch TV.

got that right.

tell ya what. you watch that crap and give us a full report tommorrow.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
How do you all know that she's gonna go on that show and talk about him anyway? From what my wife says, she came out of that separation strong and is now competing in her own athletic capabilities. I believe she is running marathons or something.

C'mon, she was married to dipsh!t. She knows more than anyone how much of an a$$hole he is. Why would she want to talk about him?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dhbuilder said:
not at all.

nobodies perfect.
least of all her.

Um, she was doing fine for many many years before she met Lance, and with Lance having been divorced already they probably have a pre-nup. Other than publicity (that we are currently helping) she might not be getting anything.

Child support? Did they have a kid together? News to me.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they each have the other's blessing to milk it for all it's worth.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
This thread is too funny. When you guys said Lance's ex, I thought Lance Canfield and got left wondering "what the hell?"

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Transcend said:
He's an asshole,

Have you ever talked to him, or you just going off an assumption?

Not defending him of anything, I just think its funny people can hate someone they have never met.

J

JRB

OGRipper said:
Aren't those his kids from his prior marriage? If so Sheryl would not get custody and thus no support...?
I guess I wasn't paying attention, but I thought this was about Kristen (or whatever her name is) and not Sheryl. I didn't think those two were ever married. I am totally confused and should visit other venues for news. I really don't keep up with news much.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
chicodude said:

Not defending him of anything, I just think its funny people can hate someone they have never met.
Lance called into question Transcend's web design ability and Transcend has been pissed ever since.

J

JRB

DRB said:
Lance called into question Transcend's web design ability and Transcend has been pissed ever since.
I approve.

edit - Winona is so fricken' hot. :drool:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
chicodude said:

I haven't personally, but know many who have. They all pretty much say the same thing.

J

JRB

Transcend said:
I haven't personally, but know many who have. They all pretty much say the same thing.
Good way to generalize. People seem to think you are a complete booger eatin' moron, but I never really have. Does that mean that they are all right?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
loco said:
Good way to generalize. People seem to think you are a complete booger eatin' moron, but I never really have. Does that mean that they are all right?
It's not generalizing. It's people i know in the bike industry who have worked with him, had to deal with him and all have said the same thing. He is a complete asshole to pretty much everyone around him if you aren't in the little group.

Also, I AM a complete asshole, so the joke's on you. :rofl:

edit: Actually I did meet him once, (mount Snow NCS, he raced XC), he basically hid in the trailer the entire time.

FYI I'm watching it now.

She's not there to bash him. It's about her and not really knowing what she was getting into and not ready to give up all that she did - her LIFE!

She got rid of her car, her dog and her country and moved with him to support his career and she wasn't happy. End of story.

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
i read the book (the first one)...

she really did give up everything...twice...to move to europe and follow the tour with him.

they have 3 kids together...he banked sperm before his cancer surgery and chemo.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I met him once. He was an a$$hole. Is that good enough?

And on top of that, I also worked in the industry and heard the same thing from many. I formed my own opinion, but it coincided with most others'.