Quantcast

landing in a manual

Sep 29, 2004
I saw jimmy dechamp (front flip guy) clear a double then land in a manual on the transition rides it, rides the manual over to breaking bumps, and then rides it off the face of the next set :eek:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That would be so cool to be able to do. I can't bunny hop to a manual. but when I do drops to flat, I land in a manual and try to hold it.

Freerider697

Monkey
Jun 16, 2005
Try practicing off of curbs and small drops to flat, thats the only way you can learn. I try to hold a manual off of stuff like that alot and still cant really do it.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
DROP said:
thanx guys ill give it a shot
Manuals are the Holy Grail. There is a big hill I climb on my road rides around here. (On my Bullitt) I pedal up into my big ring and pull a manual all the way down the backside...probably around 35 mph,
for 1/3 of a mile! Cars will never pass...they follow in amazement!

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
just gotta soack it up a ton with your legs and then push them back and extend into your normal manual position again. If your talking about doing it on a DH bike, then good luck, its hard as hell (usually the rear shock will bottom and totally throw you off balance)

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
calm down fellas.

i was just pointing out the humorous statement he made:

"a good 30 sometimes 80 feet"

what happened to the other 50 feet? i guess it's a make or break type of thing, huh?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
ya i find it easier to manual with taller bars and of course a shorter rear end helps so if u can move your rear wheel a little further forward that might help. if i'm having a good day i can usually manual for about 20 feet after bunnyhopping up a curb. the best thing to do is pull up pretty hard but not try to hop too much and just kick your legs forward to keep the wheel up.