Quantcast

Landis Fans?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, are there any Landis fans out there? I got to see him in action at the ProInvitational Tour de Battenkill. It a really cool race if any of you are ever looking for a challenge. 124 mile course -- 2 62mile laps and 25% of the race is on dirt roads.

The pack stayed together in the on and off again rain for the majority of the first lap. There was a small break (about 16 riders) but they were reeled in quickly. Landis was looking strong, and broke out late in the 2nd lap with Caleb Fairley. They were putting time on the field and with about 10k to go there is a short steep dirt climb where Fairley put the hammer down and dropped Landis. Initially people thought Landis had a mechanical of some sort but that wasn't confirmed. Landis finished about 2 minutes behind the young Aussie rider.

Velo News write-up.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's always cool to get to see Pro races in person! Landis is a whole lot funnier looking in person than he is on tv...I've met him here at the Cascade Cycling Classic.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I like Landis and I was horribly disappointed when he returned to cycling and didn't win a single stage the ToC :(

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I'm still a fan of his. Since he lives close, he showed up at a few races this and last year, as well as this weekend.